Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys

Another query for anyone kind enough to respond - does anyone have any intel on how much the RX 450h 3G body flexes? I have noticed when parking on uneven terrain the panel gaps increasing. I am talking 2-3 mm increases and doors not aligning with their stoppers. 

On 3/30/2021 at 11:48 AM, Jaga said:

Hi Guys

Another query for anyone kind enough to respond - does anyone have any intel on how much the RX 450h 3G body flexes? I have noticed when parking on uneven terrain the panel gaps increasing. I am talking 2-3 mm increases and doors not aligning with their stoppers. 

That can't be right surely. Have you spoken to Lexus?

• Like 2

Hi thanks for your response. I am mentally marking this as resolved. The car is HPI clear and Lexus have informed me that flex of this type can be expected. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaga said:

Hi thanks for your response. I am mentally marking this as resolved. The car is HPI clear and Lexus have informed me that flex of this type can be expected. 

I'm curious...

Did you buy it from a Lexus dealer - if so, is it the same dealer suggesting it's 'expected?' How uneven is the terrain you are parking on?

Maybe it's me, but I would not expect any change in body panel gaps.

Happy to bow to greater knowledge...

The dealer who advised me was different from the one who I purchased the car from. I spoke to the body shop department. They said since it is a heavy car this could be expected. The ground was considerably uneven as it was in an unsurfaced car park with deep puddle holes. 

• Like 1

An easy way to determine if they're being truthful is to find someone with another one and see if it does the same thing on the same bit of road.

• Like 1