Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spring Is Here ...

Spring is nearly here. Beautiful tune. The Shadows. Remembering this music you know I am old.

OK.

No idea how it looked before but now it really is a beauty.

Some day I might get energy enough to try to polish the one we have. So far it only goes through automatic wash once a week. Hope the paintwork is strong enough for the abuse.

14 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Spring is nearly here. Beautiful tune. The Shadows. Remembering this music you know I am old.

You're not the only one who's old.  I bet that like me you even remember that the Shadows were previously called the Drifters.  Didn't know this tune

before, maybe because I was never too fond of Hank & Co with a strings backing and preferred their earlier and twangier Duane Eddy-type stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rabbers said:

You're not the only one who's old.  I bet that like me you even remember that the Shadows were previously called the Drifters.  Didn't know this tune

before, maybe because I was never too fond of Hank & Co with a strings backing and preferred their earlier and twangier Duane Eddy-type stuff.

Right. Me too. Shadows were too sweet, too invisible, but some of their tunes were good. Cliff was not my cup of tea either. Was listening most to jazz anyway, but at parties we heard what was available.

String backing was not made good before Moody Blues used it. Excepe of course in classical music, which was not popular except among those who were "old"!

Hear! Hear! 😁

Just did mine... wasn't bad as it was sitting in the garage under cover for last 4 months, but some dust got onto it.

As it was nearly a year since I did detailing I decided to top-up TAC Moonlight before taking it out to seaside on Tuesday (it is funny government specifically decided to allow going to the seaside on Monday after I decided to do it anyway). 

I probably should have taken the pictures as it really popped the shine on the car, but just somehow RC no longer excites me knowing all the downsides of it. To be fair I probably should polish it again as there are already some scratches from the washing and cover, but hardly worth it considering the paint is excessively good for the car on sale. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links