Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus CT200h - Cat Theft

Snowhead

48 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

Hi kish,I have feeling that the fixed price set by Lexus uk came in to effect after the fitting of your catloc date.  Guys please correct me??

From the Lexus blog, this was the first entry where price was mentioned/confirmed:

Lexus UKsays:

Hi,

We have developed a Catloc for this vehicle. It can be bought and fitted for £250 including VAT. Please contact your nearest Lexus centre to get one fitted.

Thanks.

It seems some dealers weren't informed, conveniently forgot, or just applied standard margins/labour rates when they probably should be reduced rates to help owners mitigate cat theft risk.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

From the Lexus blog, this was the first entry where price was mentioned/confirmed:

It seems some dealers weren't informed, conveniently forgot, or just applied standard margins/labour rates when they probably should be reduced rates to help owners mitigate cat theft risk.

Hi Colin

If possible could you paste a link to the above lexus blog please? I'll ring my local dealership Lexus Birmingham first thing Monday to check on this...

Many thanks 👍🏼 

10 hours ago, Sled Driver said:

Hi Colin

If possible could you paste a link to the above lexus blog please? I'll ring my local dealership Lexus Birmingham first thing Monday to check on this...

Many thanks 👍🏼 

I actually found an earlier dated comment from Lexus on the same thread:

Lexus UKsays:

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch. We’re sorry you have been a victim of this crime. The cost of the Catloc is £250 and is available to be ordered immediately. We would recommend contacting your nearest Lexus centre to discuss this further. You can find your nearest centre via this link: https://www.lexus.co.uk/forms/find-a-centre

on page 8 of the comments:

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/catalytic-converter-theft/comment-page-8/#comments

Thanks for that Colin 👍🏼

Way I read it/understand Shafiq is cost of part alone from directly Lexus dealership is £250 Inc VAT but excluding fitting/labour. As the person who asked the question wanted to know the item costs only. This is my understanding though I maybe wrong! 🤔

5 minutes ago, Sled Driver said:

Thanks for that Colin 👍🏼

Way I read it/understand Shafiq is cost of part alone from directly Lexus dealership is £250 Inc VAT but excluding fitting/labour. As the person who asked the question wanted to know the item costs only. This is my understanding though I maybe wrong! 🤔

No, £250 is fitted.

14 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

We have developed a Catloc for this vehicle. It can be bought and fitted for £250 including VAT.

The retail for the part is £209 according to LPD, who sell it for £198.55

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-ct/lexus-ct-2010-onwards/lexus-ct-engine-service-kits/lexus-ct-phase-1-catalytic-converter-lock/

52 minutes ago, Sled Driver said:

Gotta Colin!

Yes will definitely be ringing the dealership Monday morning to enquire!

Sorry re-reading it again yes defo £250 all in!

Yes I concur 250 all in👌👌👌

Yesterday I was strolling through our local Toyota dealers used car section when I noticed various models parked together with a notice in the windscreen saying "catalytic converter already stolen, awaiting parts"

• Like 1

I had this trouble with a dealer i went to (local) who wanted to charge me £325 fitted.I phoned Lexus UK who stated that it,s a fixed price of £250 fitted.

I now use a dealer 36 miles away from me to do any work/servicing and who fitted it for £250.Well done Lexus Hedge End and shame on you Lexus Poole for ripping people off.

• Like 3

Right folks!

So telephoned Lexus Birmingham bang on 08:30am! Spoke to Beth in parts (Toyota/Lexus). She stated that latest price was £310 for a Catloc for CT200h. I told her that on the Lexus UK blog in June 2020 states price inc fitting £250. I told her I was charged £295 back in February this year. I told her that on this forum many owners are paying £250, but that there are also some dealerships charging more - why?

She stated that on her link to Lexus UK that was the latest price and that £250 was from last year but since there has been at least two increases.

She said she was going to pass my enquiry further and get the dealership head to contact Lexus UK HQ - to make sure the blog / magazine has updated information and gives this in a timely manner to Lexus CT owners...

On 5/8/2021 at 6:39 PM, Gsf grey solihull said:

Kish, now that you will be coming into all this money I do fancy a fresh cream  eclair😂😂😂😂

I'm more of an Eccles cake fan mate! 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Sled Driver said:

Very true! They get everywhere! However number one vice at a bakery is a nice hot sausage roll! Just can't help it! 😋

I`m a Pork Pie man myself Kish.

Just the thing to munch on when driving serenely on the Motorway at a steady 56 mph with the engine sipping fuel miserly.😊

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I`m a Pork Pie man myself Kish.

Just the thing to munch on when driving serenely on the Motorway at a steady 56 mph with the engine sipping fuel miserly.😊

Mmm! Yesss especially a Dickinson & Morris pork pie! ☺️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stormchaser said:

I had this converstaion with Lexus UK on the 15th March this year so i don,t believe that there,s been an increase in price.

IMG_0943.jpg

This saga continues Paul....

.... just called another dealer Lexus Wolverhampton (also part of Steven Eagell franchise like Lexus Birmingham). Lizzy at the service desk there told me that the price for CT200h Catloc is £250 all in. There was a price increase from Toyota GB on 1st May this year. Lexus Wolves are still charging the £250. She's looked at my record via my reg, has seen that I paid £295 back in February this year. I'm now awaiting a call back from the Service Manager Tom @ Lexus Wolverhampton....

Well just been off the phone to Lexus Birmingham. Didn't get a call back from Lexus Wolverhampton, so called them back myself. Fiona from servicing at the Birmingham dealership told me that they only got official price guidance from Toyota/Lexus on 1st May 2021.

Agreed she will refund me the £45.00 difference via filling up the CT with petrol when I require so.

Happy with that!

Cheers LOC :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sled Driver said:

Well just been off the phone to Lexus Birmingham. Didn't get a call back from Lexus Wolverhampton, so called them back myself. Fiona from servicing at the Birmingham dealership told me that they only got official price guidance from Toyota/Lexus on 1st May 2021.

Agreed she will refund me the £45.00 difference via filling up the CT with petrol when I require so.

Happy with that!

Cheers LOC :thumbup:

Fantastic so how about my fresh cream eclair????👀👀👀

21 hours ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

Fantastic so how about my fresh cream eclair????👀👀👀

Sending you a virtual Eclair now.......! 👍🏽

20 hours ago, stormchaser said:

Good result Sled Driver.It pays to keep onto them.

Defo agree there Paul!

Really gets on my nerves when a place tells you they will call you back. You wait, they don't, then you have to call them and chase! :ranting:

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links