Jab

PCM

Had my jab on Sunday morning.

Never felt so ill.

All the symptoms and a numb mouth.

Apart from that, never felt better!

:sad:

• Like 2

Which vaccine did you have? We have both had our first doses of the Astra Zeneca vaccine (due for second at end of April) and I just felt a bit under par for a day while my partner had mild nausea the next day. All was well after that except for a sore arm for a couple of days. I have heard a report of worse reactions to the second jab but I don't know anyone who has had this yet.

• Sad 1

Wife and I had our first inoculation with the Astra Zeneca vaccine. Wife completely unaffected, I had the sweats and general aches for 12hrs then fine.

Daughter, a nurse treating COVID patients, says there are many reports where if one has a reaction to the first dose the second is often much worse, great..

Quite a few medical papers now suggesting if one has been exposed to COVID one is more likely to have a reaction to the vaccine (irrespective of the type) as the body immediately recognises the viral markers. 

Roll on June when we have our second dose!  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I had Astra Zeneca...

( Had chemotherapy back in the day, so wonder if that has damaged my immunity a bit... )

Astra Zeneca one a week last Friday......absolutely no after affects on me and my wife....

Roll on the next jab. Then I can actually start looking at RXs....

On a similar vein.....

Our neighbour got stuck in Austria for 3 months during lockdown. Went to GP in Austria whilst she was out there and he advised her not to get the vaccine as he said many people were being paralyzed due to the vaccine....sorry about the language......but what the actual f.......

She was then paranoid that she would be paralyzed (actually really panicking)......and then she traveled from Austria, to Amsterdam, to Manchester to Aberdeen to get back home and was panicking about getting the vaccine!!  The risk off getting Covid in her journey home was about a million times higher than getting ANY adverse reaction to the vaccine.

Just goes to show that many, many people believe all the negative, and false, information that is being spouted on various social media and news reports.  That could cause major problems a few months down the road.

• Like 3

Had mine yesterday,have a bit of a sore arm and a few aches and pains(then again thats the only thing I have suffered in the last 30 years lol 😆)

• Like 1

Had my first dose almost three weeks ago. Felt incredibly tired and with a headache the day after - lasted only 12-24 hours - and had a sore arm for about a week, but that was it. 

My experience seems to be common to peers, but as has been noted, the one person I know who had COVID previously had longer term side effects lasting two or three days.

• Like 1

I've read news reports of more pronounced side-effects on the second jab with the Pfizer vaccine but less pronounced with Astra-Zeneca. The US isn't yet using Astra-Zeneca so they mostly have reports of more marked side-effects.

Couldn't find the story I read but here's another one from a website I've never heard of that says the same thing and seems to quote reputable sources. I had Astra-Zeneca, felt nothing at the time, but a bit queasy the next day. No effect on my arm at all. So I'm hoping there will be little effect from the second jab.

• Like 1

Astra Zeneca jab 12th February ..........  absolutely fine ( I'm 71 now ) and looking forward to jab no. 2 asap :thumbsup:

My theory about the EU and other countries buggering about with the Astra Zeneca stuff is:

Astra Zeneca at cost price = zero profit for the users, suppliers and investors ...............and recipients

a profit on all other jabs of course ..  worldwide politicians, crooks, schemers and dare I say the mafia all stand to make profits personally by condemning the freebie, zero profit AZ dose to further their profitable trading in the ( all and any other )  profitable brands for global use

Please shoot me down if I'm wrong BUT with the WHO the EU and UK and USA and India Health Authorities all saying AZ is ok then there can be no other rational explanation

Malc

• Like 2

I had my first jab three days ago through work and it wiped me out for 24 hours. It was horrific!

I have the antibodies in my blood so I believe I have already been exposed to the virus, so I was told to expect a beating with the side effects.....they were right!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I had a the astra zenica jab 3 days ago, arm went heavy a few hrs later and now just feels like I got a slight dead arm, bit of a dry throat and yesterday just wanting a nana nap lol. today fine apart from a dry throat still .. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, whiteman said:

I had a the astra zenica jab 3 days ago, arm went heavy a few hrs later and now just feels like I got a slight dead arm, bit of a dry throat and yesterday just wanting a nana nap lol. today fine apart from a dry throat still .. 

AZ four weeks ago and just a sore arm for a few days, although I do keep seeing Bill Gates in my rear view mirror 😁☢️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had Astra jab, fine for first 12 hours then OMG, woke up in middle of night and was physically shaking like a poltergeist was having a laugh.

Was in bed for 24 hours, and took about 10 days in total to feeling normal.

I did have Covid one year ago (hospitalised for a week), and as my Dr said it seems if you have Covid you react badly to any of the jabs.

One annoying thing was where the jab was was so sore, i could not sleep on my left side for about 4 days.

The missus felt slightly off colour for a day and t hen right as rain, same with mother in law, and my dad no symptoms what so ever

• Like 2

all these negativity syndromes should be doused with a stiff scotch ......... works wonders .......  unless you're Irish when a whiskey rather than a whisky should be the order of the day :yes:

Malc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The irony of the jab for me was that I had the virus at somepoint in the last 18 months and never knew about it, but the day I get the vaccine to protect me against said virus, my body goes into meltdown. I did chuckle to myself.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, whiteman said:

.....maybe that's just a bad hangover you're having.....just saying...........🤣

• Like 2

I had the AstraZeneca jab a fortnight ago. All was well for two days but then I felt like I'd been hit by an Intercity 125 going at full chat. Tired wasn't the word. I then made the mistake of sleeping on the arm which was injected. Lots of Paracetamol helped, and I'm back to my usual self now (which some of you may see as a pity...)

• Sad 1

I know of two people who after having the AZ jab were afflicted by abnormal attacks of flatulence. Has anyone else experienced similar outbursts?

28 minutes ago, Mincey said:

afflicted by abnormal attacks of flatulence

my 12 year old granddaughter suffers from this .......  haven't reported it yet to the WHO / MHRA ............  her mum and dad had the AZ vaccine .......... is it infectious ?  she always blames others :unsure:

Malc

• Haha 2

On 4/1/2021 at 10:36 AM, RichGS11 said:

I had my first jab three days ago through work and it wiped me out for 24 hours. It was horrific!

I have the antibodies in my blood so I believe I have already been exposed to the virus, so I was told to expect a beating with the side effects.....they were right!

C'mon Richard! How quickly you forget the feeling of in your teens after having a heavy session on cider beer or drambuie shandies🍺🍺🍺

• Haha 1

I had my 1st (Pfizer) no problems at all that was 7 weeks ago. The wife had the AZ one and was not too good the next day then ok.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 10:33 AM, Mincey said:

I know of two people who after having the AZ jab were afflicted by abnormal attacks of flatulence. Has anyone else experienced similar outbursts?

Yes, but only when I drink Ghost Ship Ale. Drives my wife crackers!

• Haha 1