Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cabin fuse box - empty slots for dashcam

Hi Lee. At first I connected it to a permanent live but I got fed up of turning the camera on and off so I looked for an ignition on fuse. Never crossed my mind to connect it to ECU.

11 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Lee. At first I connected it to a permanent live but I got fed up of turning the camera on and off so I looked for an ignition on fuse. Never crossed my mind to connect it to ECU.

Which fuse did you use, it seems our boxes are different as the 10amp I have in the position you mentioned is for ECU.  What ignition only one did you tap into?

Hi Lee. Yes fuse No12  10 amp ECU-IG LH 

Air-conditioning system, cruise control, power steering, rain sensor, anti glaring I side rear view mirror, shift lock system, moon roof, VSC warning buzzer. 

Think our guest boxes are the same 

9 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Lee. Yes fuse No12  10 amp ECU-IG LH 

Air-conditioning system, cruise control, power steering, rain sensor, anti glaring I side rear view mirror, shift lock system, moon roof, VSC warning buzzer. 

Think our guest boxes are the same 

I had a look today although didn't do it, I was concerned with how tight the fuses are connected to the box!  Were your fuses hard to remove?  I'm worried that if I try any harder, I'm going to break one!

Wonder what idiot decided the fuse boxes were best placed in those positions!

Yeah the fuses seem a really tight fit hence I used long nose pliers. The fuses are the micro style and you'll need a 10 amp micro fuse in the piggyback adapter. 

I agree the twirp who planned the siting of the fuse box needs shooting 🔫 lol

When pulling fuses out don't be scared. Just use a constant pulling force with a bit of wiggling. 

On 4/3/2021 at 9:22 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Yeah the fuses seem a really tight fit hence I used long nose pliers. The fuses are the micro style and you'll need a 10 amp micro fuse in the piggyback adapter. 

I agree the twirp who planned the siting of the fuse box needs shooting 🔫 lol

When pulling fuses out don't be scared. Just use a constant pulling force with a bit of wiggling. 

Thanks for all the assistance, I did get it installed yesterday and have a tip for anyone who is really tall...  Don’t attempt the passenger side fuse box, its a real pain, if you go through the drivers side fuse box, you are able to remove the trim just above that section to give yourself better access, makes the job so much easier.

Happy to say the Nextbase hardwire kit works perfectly and overall I’m very impressed.  One thing I love about the 552GW is the fact that you can view recordings straight from your phone without disconnecting the camera and download them straight to your device.

I’m toying with the idea of adding the rear camera, it connects straight to the dash cam so no more advanced wiring needed.

Nice one Lee. So you used the drivers side fuse box. Great to know you like the 552GW but I'm surprised you didn't get the rear camera with the main one. I got my 332GW I got it from eBay from nextbase themselves. It was a reconditioned one but the rear camera came with it. Yes you can access it via Bluetooth. Enjoy.

4 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Nice one Lee. So you used the drivers side fuse box. Great to know you like the 552GW but I'm surprised you didn't get the rear camera with the main one. I got my 332GW I got it from ebay from nextbase themselves. It was a reconditioned one but the rear camera came with it. Yes you can access it via Bluetooth. Enjoy.

How did you wire to the rear window?  Had a look and those internal panels look very tight although should open up enough to get the wires inside.

The rear facing camera attaches to the front facing one. If you look on yours with the lens facing away from you, on the right end you should see a rubber grommet thing covering a socket. That's where the rear camera slots into. I'll post a photo later.

35 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

The rear facing camera attaches to the front facing one. If you look on yours with the lens facing away from you, on the right end you should see a rubber grommet thing covering a socket. That's where the rear camera slots into. I'll post a photo later.

Ah, I'm looking at the dedicated rear cam, that option wouldn't work for me due to the camera position which is obscured by the reat view mirror.

Just trying to work out a route through the trim..  there's no trim which carries the full car distance so I think I'll have a go with some odd wire I have spare to see how it goes.

Just had a good look at it seems the best route is the lower trim which does continue to the back seats..  Comes with 6.5 meters of cable so should work.

Arrives tomorrow 👍

Although I love the parking mode function, I can see how it won't work currently with just a front camera installed, if someone drives past and scrapes the body work, the front camera will get nothing.

Hi Lee. My rear view camera is superb. It shows the top of the rear seats and the view out of the window is surprisingly great. You wouldn't think so by its positioning but the videos I've seen blew my mind. Saves a ton of time, stress, wire routing etc etc. My camera is mounted next to the rear view mirror and as far up to the roof lining as possible. I've attached 2 photos of how rear camera looks and connects. 

20210407_164531.jpg

20210407_164513.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links