Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just wondered if anyone else had the same idea as myself regarding the interior of the ls430. I've wrapped just the door handles and center console area in grey alcantara wrap purchased off eBay.

spacer.png

I'm not going to do the wood, well I have attempted to just do the steering wheel but that's proving awkward.

Wondered what people thought of the end result. My centre console area had little dents and scratches on it. So ended up binning the metal part and fitting a cardboard piece off a cornflake box and cutting it perfectly. You would be never know.

Also wrapped the gear knob.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Gavin I'll give you 10 out 10 for effort. The end result looks good - but unfortunately imho you picked the wrong car as the candidate for the project.

The LS commands nothing but originality.

Having said that mine has the original wood steering covered in matching leather which is a very good match

SW.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it looks good but I can't help thinking it needs the wood covering as well. The pre-facelift of course has the brushed aluminium whereas the facelift has all wood which I like. Good job tough.  I remember my first 430 had the scruffy centre console aluminium so I took it out and sprayed it silver. I'm looking at your photos trying to imagine it all covered like that and I think it would work.  There's a challenge for you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisermark said:

Gavin I'll give you 10 out 10 for effort. The end result looks good - but unfortunately imho you picked the wrong car as the candidate for the project.

The LS commands nothing but originality.

Having said that mine has the original wood steering covered in matching leather which is a very good match

SW.jpg

We're did you end up getting the wheel done or did you just get the leather and stitch it yourself.

As the other chap mentioned with mine being a early ls with the aluminium trim it looked old and tired. As mentioned the console area was all scratched up and little pin dents in it from the previous owners. Having owned the car for coming upto 10 years I felt it needed a refresh. 

I could do all the wood as it's quite flat so wouldn't be too difficult. But I think it be too much, I wrapped my old a8 in the past and that looked pretty decent.

Anyhow I like your steering wheel looks good

• Like 1