Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC Fs for sale

27 minutes ago, XK140 said:

Just an observation,compared to last year there are a lot for sale at the moment,not sure why.

Mine isn’t !

Just like any F car, so few buyers out there for the RC-F. There are so many alternatives that the press rate much more highly.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Just like any F car, so few buyers out there for the RC-F. There are so many alternatives that the press rate much more highly.

Which doesn’t explain why at the back end of last year there averaged about 2/3 for sale when there are about 15 on sale now.

The competitors last year are the same as they are now.

Loss of income due to COVID, so trading down perhaps.

About 18 months ago there was a swarm of RCFs on the Market and then they all vanished until now. 

You also need to think about the financial effect of covid still ongoing for some people, people may have lasted as long as possible but it's time for them to have to make that sacrifice. 

The cars not common but not rare either it's an odd one.

3 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Obviously failed to observe only that there is only one ISF for sale on the trader!

10 hours ago, Fair and square said:

Obviously failed to observe only that there is only one ISF for sale on the trader!

Good point. Did find several on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS-F-5-0-4dr-ACC-PCS/174696155653?hash=item28acb3ca05:g:VIgAAOSw3JJgVrWn

and 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-Lexus-IS-F-5-0-V8-Auto-420bhp-FULL-LEXUS-S-HISTORY/184685691412?hash=item2b00200214:g:ugAAAOSwySNgPLL-

(although it says FLSH, that's not true)

and https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-11-LEXUS-IS-F-5-0L-F-4D-417-BHP-PX-SWAP/265018525046?hash=item3db455c576:g:350AAOSwu2dgM1rT

But I still maintain there is a small market for F cars.

Most of the rcf's seem overpriced. I traded the red carbon in November for £28.5k and 4 Months on they want nearly £36k. It is a lot of money for a 6 year old car.

21 minutes ago, Oldnslow said:

Most of the rcf's seem overpriced. I traded the red carbon in November for £28.5k and 4 Months on they want nearly £36k. It is a lot of money for a 6 year old car.

I agree.

I was comparing the book price of cars and what dealers are currently asking. Dealers are being greedy.

I agree about the optimistic pricing. On the other hand last week there was a higher mileage white RCF that was on for about a week with a slight price drop during from about £25k to £24k and it’s now gone presumed sold.

I advertised my car at £32.5k and got no calls. The garage I traded it to had it up at £32.5k and ended up passing it on to the current seller. I think £30k is the top price for a low mileage carbon  and £28k for a similar non carbon of 2015 vintage. I will now be proved wrong and they all sell....

The price of the RCF seemed to really spike when the first few GSFs hit auto trader. 

I believe that dealers and sellers are trying to sell them for similar price brackets to the GSF without truly understanding why the GSF sells for that little bit more. 

Let's face it, If you don't really know most people will assume they are the same car just different shape. But there are many who have driven both which would agree it couldn't be more wrong. 

I once saw a wine tasting test. Red and white both served at room temperature. Punters were blindfolded and most couldn’t tell the difference.

Apart from cosmetics, I bet the average F driver would find it very difficult to tell the difference in drive between the GS-F and RC-F.

8 hours ago, Legendliving said:

I agree about the optimistic pricing. On the other hand last week there was a higher mileage white RCF that was on for about a week with a slight price drop during from about £25k to £24k and it’s now gone presumed sold.

That's been the only semi realistic price I've seen for months so no real surprise it went. Some of the others have been hanging around for an awfully long time so its dealers tapping into the V8 or bust scenario (or just being greedy as mentioned) . I'd find it hard to move on a car that was selling for a similar price 24 months ago as many of the current offering are.  

Meanwhile the opposition move on.   

14 hours ago, doog442 said:

That's been the only semi realistic price I've seen for months so no real surprise it went. Some of the others have been hanging around for an awfully long time so its dealers tapping into the V8 or bust scenario (or just being greedy as mentioned) . I'd find it hard to move on a car that was selling for a similar price 24 months ago as many of the current offering are.  

Meanwhile the opposition move on.   

The car was not priced anymore "realistic" but in fact was priced "relative" to most of the others on the market.

2015 average spec, 50,000 miles priced at 25k. With 20-30k extra on the clock than most examples that are listed and that appear, was it really priced all that competitive?

I would suggest that if this was priced at 22-23 then it would represent better value for money than the others however, it was not.

The situation here with this one moving is quite simple. It is one of "budget threshold" as opposed to "realistic pricing".

• Like 1

Prices are only going up..

Since in Newcastle a dealer has an RC F for sale on AT and its status is described as a “rare collectors item”.

...and car dealers never lie !

It’s at the local Nissan dealers. They are a Nissan performance centre so sell the GTR and the old 370z.

They seem to have to take a new GTR as a showroom model / demo every change of regs-‘d they’ve had a couple of bronze GTRs hanging round for a while. Wouldn’t be surprised if the RCF was chipped in against one.

Will be interesting to see how long it hangs around at that price.......

On 4/2/2021 at 11:50 AM, Legendliving said:

Yes its sold... believe i know who to as well, mileage wasn’t high if you go by the average mileage ie 10k a year and sat on 50k,

I was observing RC-F sales for a while and I cannot remember the time when there were only 2-3 for sale (IS-F yes). Most of the time is high single digits (like 7-8), sometimes it goes up to 10-15. 15 is probably most I have seen on the single day and 5 or 6 were the lowest.

In either case I don't think there is any particular period, covid or anything else. It really only fluctuates by 1 or 2 cars per week , but when market is so small the supply and demand is really unpredictable, imagine that - if 3 cars sells it may be 30% of entire supply gone!

In summary I would not read too much into the numbers, there being more than 10 for sale does not mean suddenly everyone are selling them or that value will drop.

On 4/8/2021 at 10:09 AM, Linas.P said:

I was observing RC-F sales for a while and I cannot remember the time when there were only 2-3 for sale (IS-F yes). Most of the time is high single digits (like 7-8), sometimes it goes up to 10-15. 15 is probably most I have seen on the single day and 5 or 6 were the lowest.

In either case I don't think there is any particular period, covid or anything else. It really only fluctuates by 1 or 2 cars per week , but when market is so small the supply and demand is really unpredictable, imagine that - if 3 cars sells it may be 30% of entire supply gone!

In summary I would not read too much into the numbers, there being more than 10 for sale does not mean suddenly everyone are selling them or that value will drop.

Agree. ISFs were exactly the same back in the day. 

The more expensive the car, the more often it will trade hands as a result of owners financial circumstances changing. In years to come I can see the RCF following the same trend as the ISF, less readily available but not an appreciating asset.

I picked up my RC F from Lexus dealer two weeks ago. Paid £31k for a 17 plate with 38k miles. I cant understand why 15 plates are going for up to £35k albeit some of them are low milers but does that really matter with the V8. I have to say I was slightly concerned why mine should have been up at that price but hey - am I complaining. 

RCF is a spectacular looking and sounding v8 coupe.

I started out looking for a LC500, then realised that was a bit of a financual stretch, then became aware of RCFs and they looked more affordable, saw a few early ones  for £25-27k  2ish years ago and almost pulled the trigger on a white one.  Then my wife got pregnant and ISFs became the only “practical” v8 Lexus option. 

i think I’d have enjoyed the 25k white RCF but I’d definitely have done my back in lifting junior into the car seat.

29 minutes ago, Arth_Vader said:

RCF is a spectacular looking and sounding v8 coupe.

I started out looking for a LC500, then realised that was a bit of a financual stretch, then became aware of RCFs and they looked more affordable, saw a few early ones  for £25-27k  2ish years ago and almost pulled the trigger on a white one.  Then my wife got pregnant and ISFs became the only “practical” v8 Lexus option. 

i think I’d have enjoyed the 25k white RCF but I’d definitely have done my back in lifting junior into the car seat.

Having owned an RC-F CE and driven a few LC500s, as nice as they are, I don’t think they are worth the premium over an RC-F