Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Warranty

Hi everyone.

I have a Ct200 which I have owned for 18 months now and love it. However I fancy an is300h now.

I dont have a massive budget so will be looking at 2015-16 models. I have seen a good priced one at Lexus Exeter which is a sport model, not F Sport. Anyone know the difference? I assume it was just a cheap add on. also seen a 2016 advance in teesside which is a lot closer. I havent even driven an IS aside from when they forst came out in petrol guise only and that was on and off the car transporter I was driving at the time.

Another question. I have the Lexus extended warranty on mine which I am currently paying for. Does this transfer to the new car? I know I get a year anyway but still have 18 months left on the current one.

Thanks.

Hi, I don't know if this is relevant or not, but when I was looking in Feb for pre reg IS 300h the Sport Pack came with Smart Keyless Entry, Auto Wipers, Reversing Camera, 18" Black alloys, Sport Exterior Styling & Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror. As I said this was the difference over a standard model for 2020/21 models, I went for the Comfort Pack in the end.

I am afraid I can't help on the warranty question, but good luck with your search I certainly love mine & enjoy driving it every day.

2 hours ago, Bowserman said:

Hi everyone.

I have a Ct200 which I have owned for 18 months now and love it. However I fancy an is300h now.

I dont have a massive budget so will be looking at 2015-16 models. I have seen a good priced one at Lexus Exeter which is a sport model, not F Sport. Anyone know the difference? I assume it was just a cheap add on. also seen a 2016 advance in teesside which is a lot closer. I havent even driven an IS aside from when they forst came out in petrol guise only and that was on and off the car transporter I was driving at the time.

Another question. I have the Lexus extended warranty on mine which I am currently paying for. Does this transfer to the new car? I know I get a year anyway but still have 18 months left on the current one.

Thanks.

RE Warranty, I would consider selling the car with the warranty which makes it more desirable (and which is transferable and bundling your outstanding balance into the deal) and then taking out a new one. I mentioned in an earlier note I took out a 2 year warranty and 3 year service plan funded by a 0% 20 month c/card deal from Virgin which I amortised over 20 months therefore zero charges. And you have Section 75 consumer protection. 

• Like 1

Here is the launch info for the Sport:

Sport grade is new for autumn 2015, delivering a number of attractive sports-themed styling touches including five-spoke black 18-inch alloy wheels, a black finish for the front spindle grille and matching black door mirror casings. In the cabin the trim is unique to the grade, with combination black cloth upholstery and light grey Tahara leather effect seat bolsters and door grips with contrasting light grey stitching and inserts. The front seats have integrated heaters and the Lexus Navigation system is also fitted as standard. In other respects the equipment features match the IS Luxury grade, including front and rear parking sensors, rain-sensing wipers, dusk-sensing HID headlights, LED daytime running lights, an auto-dimming rear-view mirror, dual-zone climate control, cruise control, Smart Entry and push-button start and a six-speaker Lexus audio system with DAB and Bluetooth.

It is different to the F Sport - it doesn't have the F Sport instrument cluster, not the F Sport front/rear bumpers. Depending on the specific vehicle an F Sport could have real leather interior / heated and ventilated seats / Premium Navigation / Upgraded Stereo / AVS suspension depending options selected when purchased - the Sport is a fixed configuration limited edition.

Your CT warranty is not transferable to the new vehicle. You can either transfer to the new owner of the CT (if private sale) or cancel and receive pro rata refund if you haven't made a claim.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bowserman said:

I don’t hang around. Missus buying me the extra two years warranty too. Happy days!

Result! Can you ask her to have a word with mine please? 🤣

Look forward to seeing the photos of your new IS.

• Haha 1

Picked it up at lunchtime, great service from Lexus Teeside.

What a difference from the CT (which I did love by the way), smoother, quieter and more comfortable. Nice steady drive the 40 miles home averaging 50mpg at just under 70 most of the way.

Lovely metallic black paintwork. Took a while to figure out the dab radio ensembles for my local stations, but will get used to it.

IMG_0010 2.jpg

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Bowserman said:

What a difference from the CT (which I did love by the way), smoother, quieter and more comfortable. Nice steady drive the 40 miles home averaging 50mpg at just under 70 most of the way.

Lovely metallic black paintwork. Took a while to figure out the dab radio ensembles for my local stations, but will get used to it.

IMG_0010 2.jpg

It looks very nice, the DAB does take a little time to figure out, but I am sure it won't take long.

Enjoy your new ride.👍

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 5:10 PM, Bowserman said:

IMG_0010 2.jpg

Nice car! Hope you enjoy it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Love the car!

I like good tyres so replaced the ones that were on it with 4 x Crossclimate + from Costco at £330 fitted. No more skipping when reversing at full lock.

One week after fitting, got a bolt in a front tyre!! Gutted but it repaired.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links