Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slideshows....

I have been fighting a losing battle trying to get my IS300h to show images. I should own up that I'm an IT Pro, so I should really know what I'm doing. "Should" being the operative word.

Anyway, to cut a short story long, I have tried different memory sticks, faffed around with file names and file sizes, even changed exif data in the files, but to no avail. I was about to give up when I thought to myself "I know, I'll try a video". I could get it to play the sound, but not the picture. I then had a stroke of luck. I dived into every IT Pro's Standard Source Of Reference Material (i.e. Google) and found an post in the Septic's Lexus Forum. I followed their instructions and boom! It worked.

Feeling somewhat chuffed with myself, I went back to my folder ("Image") full of jpg files (file01.jpg, file02.jpg) on my NTFS formatted 4GB memory stick. What do you think happened when I tried to do a screenshow? Success!

I guess you're all desperate to know what the trick is? Well, I'll tell you. Put the bloody footbrake on.

@royoftheroversIf this is mentioned in the handbook, I will go to amazon and buy a Samurai sword, then fall on it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Mincey said:

I have been fighting a losing battle trying to get my IS300h to show images. I should own up that I'm an IT Pro, so I should really know what I'm doing. "Should" being the operative word.

Anyway, to cut a short story long, I have tried different memory sticks, faffed around with file names and file sizes, even changed exif data in the files, but to no avail. I was about to give up when I thought to myself "I know, I'll try a video". I could get it to play the sound, but not the picture. I then had a stroke of luck. I dived into every IT Pro's Standard Source Of Reference Material (i.e. Google) and found an post in the Septic's Lexus Forum. I followed their instructions and boom! It worked.

Feeling somewhat chuffed with myself, I went back to my folder ("Image") full of jpg files (file01.jpg, file02.jpg) on my NTFS formatted 4GB memory stick. What do you think happened when I tried to do a screenshow? Success!

I guess you're all desperate to know what the trick is? Well, I'll tell you. Put the bloody footbrake on.

@royoftheroversIf this is mentioned in the handbook, I will go to Amazon and buy a Samurai sword, then fall on it.

Nice work James and thanks for mentioning me in Despatches, old chum.

It is in the Handbook James. Section V of the Navigation Section, Para 1X, Subsection F, Sub Para 9 of the 8th Addendum. Easy innit ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mincey said:

@royoftheroversIf this is mentioned in the handbook, I will go to Amazon and buy a Samurai sword, then fall on it.

This is brilliant. Informative of course but genuinely amusing. 👍😀

It's in the premium nav manual, but obscurely put just within the DVD section rather than across all visual media sections, and missing from the vehicle manual which includes the standard system instructions 😞

916658413_Screenshot2021-04-02at19_01_30.thumb.png.a1572f554b603400806880a8ec298cd5.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

It's in the premium nav manual, but obscurely put just within the DVD section rather than across all visual media sections, and missing from the vehicle manual which includes the standard system instructions 😞

916658413_Screenshot2021-04-02at19_01_30.thumb.png.a1572f554b603400806880a8ec298cd5.png

I must stick to my promise...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Accessories-Swordsmanship-Training-role-playing-Japanese/dp/B08RHQ16Z7/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=samurai+sword&qid=1617394815&sr=8-5

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Mincey said:

That`s no good for you James. It`s left handed and you`d miss !🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Mincey said:

🤣🤣🤣

As is the norm. We will need photos please or it didn’t happen 😉😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

🤣🤣🤣

As is the norm. We will need photos please or it didn’t happen 😉😀

I'll have to discuss this with my wife, as I obviously won't be in a fit state to produce any photographic evidence after the event.

9 hours ago, Mincey said:

I'll have to discuss this with my wife, as I obviously won't be in a fit state to produce any photographic evidence after the event.

Excuses excuses excuse mate 🤣🤣🤣