Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Hi from London - from BMW to Lexus


Recommended Posts

Hello all. My name's Frank. I own a garage queen BMW 3 series . I have a thing for older cars with lower mileage 🦄. Just found this forum via google search as I'm looking to become a Lexus IS250 owner. Hoping to learn a lot from here. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Frank. Welcome to the dark side :thumbsup:

You're welcome to post up some pics of the 3er.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Frank, welcome to LOC! Good to see another BMW owner in here, well, I was one until I bought a Lexus almost 3 years ago! 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dephrank said:

Hello all. My name's Frank. I own a garage queen BMW 3 series . I have a thing for older cars with lower mileage 🦄. Just found this forum via google search as I'm looking to become a Lexus IS250 owner. Hoping to learn a lot from here. 

Welcome Frank.

From BMW to Lexus reminds me of the old Biblical quotation "out of darkness cometh light" and the motto of  Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As Delboy would say, "you know it makes sense". Come on, dive in to the world of reliability and refinement. The IS250 is a beautiful car. The engine is a peach. You won't regret buying one. They go on and on like a Duracell bunny.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2021 at 3:41 PM, Vlady said:

Hey Frank, welcome to LOC! Good to see another BMW owner in here, well, I was one until I bought a Lexus almost 3 years ago! 🙂

hahaha! nice to make the acquaintance. Hope the indicators work on a Lexus 😃

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 5:14 PM, Mincey said:

As Delboy would say, "you know it makes sense". Come on, dive in to the world of reliability and refinement. The IS250 is a beautiful car. The engine is a peach. You won't regret buying one. They go on and on like a Duracell bunny.

It definitely does make sense. For some reason I love the external design of the IS250. I've heard good things about Japanese cars. Found one online with less than 19K miles (another garage queen) and it ticks all my boxes; auto and petrol but its owner wants £10K for it ☹️

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 4:30 PM, royoftherovers said:

Welcome Frank.

From BMW to Lexus reminds me of the old Biblical quotation "out of darkness cometh light" and the motto of  Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.

this cracked me up. Out of the darkness... 😇

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dephrank said:

It definitely does make sense. For some reason I love the external design of the IS250. I've heard good things about Japanese cars. Found one online with less than 19K miles (another garage queen) and it ticks all my boxes; auto and petrol but its owner wants £10K for it ☹️

A friend has the convertible version of the IS250 and I can remember remarking on the feel of quality, not sure I felt the same about another friends BMW! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

A friend has the convertible version of the IS250 and I can remember remarking on the feel of quality, not sure I felt the same about another friends BMW! 

Interesting. I'm yet to drive an IS250 but I know it'd be a lot quieter than my current car. I see them go but I don't hear em roar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dephrank said:

Interesting. I'm yet to drive an IS250 but I know it'd be a lot quieter than my current car. I see them go but I don't hear em roar.

If I wasn't so stupid, and always wanted the biggest car I could get, the IS250 would be the car I'd buy, I constantly read great comments about them.  I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you find a good one. Also, if you're looking to get say a 2007 model or there abouts, it's still a great looking car in 2021. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dephrank said:

Interesting. I'm yet to drive an IS250 but I know it'd be a lot quieter than my current car. I see them go but I don't hear em roar.

The V6 growl as the rev counter turns orange is a thing of beauty.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mincey said:

The V6 growl as the rev counter turns orange is a thing of beauty.

HonestJohn (the original HJ, not the numpties who currently write his column) once described the 6 pot IS as "the most reliable car on the Planet."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2021 at 9:42 AM, rich1068 said:

Very nice. I do like the E90/91 LCI.

Yes they're good looking cars the facelift ones. Mine's a 2litre 4 cylinder engine so very basic and less problematic lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dephrank said:

Just learned the is250 is quite thirsty re fuel consumption for urban driving but better on motorways?

Even better at a constant 56 mph Frank.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Even better at a constant 56 mph Frank.

Impressive. Perfect excuse to travel long distances. I keep forgetting it's a 2.5L V6 luxury sedan. I'm sold.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Frank.  I applaud your choice but just wondered why you appear to be specific about a 2012 IS250?

Is it a budget based choice?  I ask because the third generation model was launched in Jan 2013 and was available with the highly regarded 2.5l V6 engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LenT said:

Hello Frank.  I applaud your choice but just wondered why you appear to be specific about a 2012 IS250?

Is it a budget based choice?  I ask because the third generation model was launched in Jan 2013 and was available with the highly regarded 2.5l V6 engine.

Hello LenT. You're correct. The choice is budget based. They are quite pricey.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dephrank said:

Hello LenT. You're correct. The choice is budget based. They are quite pricey.

Hi Frank, I've owned both a mk2 and a mk3 with the V6 engine, I think the mk3 looks fantastic and handles a little better, it's the one to go for if you can stretch your budget.

This was mine.

SDC12883.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership