Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi from London - from BMW to Lexus

dephrank

Hello all. My name's Frank. I own a garage queen BMW 3 series . I have a thing for older cars with lower mileage 🦄. Just found this forum via google search as I'm looking to become a Lexus IS250 owner. Hoping to learn a lot from here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dephrank said:

Hello all. My name's Frank. I own a garage queen BMW 3 series . I have a thing for older cars with lower mileage 🦄. Just found this forum via google search as I'm looking to become a Lexus IS250 owner. Hoping to learn a lot from here. 

Welcome Frank.

From BMW to Lexus reminds me of the old Biblical quotation "out of darkness cometh light" and the motto of  Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.

• Like 1

As Delboy would say, "you know it makes sense". Come on, dive in to the world of reliability and refinement. The IS250 is a beautiful car. The engine is a peach. You won't regret buying one. They go on and on like a Duracell bunny.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2021 at 3:41 PM, Vlady said:

Hey Frank, welcome to LOC! Good to see another BMW owner in here, well, I was one until I bought a Lexus almost 3 years ago! 🙂

hahaha! nice to make the acquaintance. Hope the indicators work on a Lexus 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/5/2021 at 5:14 PM, Mincey said:

As Delboy would say, "you know it makes sense". Come on, dive in to the world of reliability and refinement. The IS250 is a beautiful car. The engine is a peach. You won't regret buying one. They go on and on like a Duracell bunny.

It definitely does make sense. For some reason I love the external design of the IS250. I've heard good things about Japanese cars. Found one online with less than 19K miles (another garage queen) and it ticks all my boxes; auto and petrol but its owner wants £10K for it ☹️

On 4/5/2021 at 4:30 PM, royoftherovers said:

Welcome Frank.

From BMW to Lexus reminds me of the old Biblical quotation "out of darkness cometh light" and the motto of  Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.

this cracked me up. Out of the darkness... 😇

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dephrank said:

It definitely does make sense. For some reason I love the external design of the IS250. I've heard good things about Japanese cars. Found one online with less than 19K miles (another garage queen) and it ticks all my boxes; auto and petrol but its owner wants £10K for it ☹️

A friend has the convertible version of the IS250 and I can remember remarking on the feel of quality, not sure I felt the same about another friends BMW! 

15 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

A friend has the convertible version of the IS250 and I can remember remarking on the feel of quality, not sure I felt the same about another friends BMW! 

Interesting. I'm yet to drive an IS250 but I know it'd be a lot quieter than my current car. I see them go but I don't hear em roar.

8 hours ago, dephrank said:

Interesting. I'm yet to drive an IS250 but I know it'd be a lot quieter than my current car. I see them go but I don't hear em roar.

If I wasn't so stupid, and always wanted the biggest car I could get, the IS250 would be the car I'd buy, I constantly read great comments about them.  I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you find a good one. Also, if you're looking to get say a 2007 model or there abouts, it's still a great looking car in 2021. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dephrank said:

The V6 growl as the rev counter turns orange is a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mincey said:

The V6 growl as the rev counter turns orange is a thing of beauty.

HonestJohn (the original HJ, not the numpties who currently write his column) once described the 6 pot IS as "the most reliable car on the Planet."

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 9:42 AM, rich1068 said:

Very nice. I do like the E90/91 LCI.

Yes they're good looking cars the facelift ones. Mine's a 2litre 4 cylinder engine so very basic and less problematic lol

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Even better at a constant 56 mph Frank.

Impressive. Perfect excuse to travel long distances. I keep forgetting it's a 2.5L V6 luxury sedan. I'm sold.

• Like 1

Hello Frank.  I applaud your choice but just wondered why you appear to be specific about a 2012 IS250?

Is it a budget based choice?  I ask because the third generation model was launched in Jan 2013 and was available with the highly regarded 2.5l V6 engine.

8 hours ago, LenT said:

Hello Frank.  I applaud your choice but just wondered why you appear to be specific about a 2012 IS250?

Is it a budget based choice?  I ask because the third generation model was launched in Jan 2013 and was available with the highly regarded 2.5l V6 engine.

Hello LenT. You're correct. The choice is budget based. They are quite pricey.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dephrank said:

Hello LenT. You're correct. The choice is budget based. They are quite pricey.

Hi Frank, I've owned both a mk2 and a mk3 with the V6 engine, I think the mk3 looks fantastic and handles a little better, it's the one to go for if you can stretch your budget.

This was mine.

SDC12883.jpeg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
31 minutes ago, dephrank said:

Hello people! Seen this 2nd gen IS250 but it looks to be an SE-i spec with a few options ticked. What are your thoughts on this?

https://www.autolinkcarsales.com/used-lexus-is-greenford-london-3897954

Well it’s either been very well maintained or very well presented - or probably both!  The V6 engine is, I presume, the same as in my Gen.3 - in which case it’s a joy to use and own.

Annual mileage is surely below average and I note that it has passed every MOT, with just the odd advisory - which have all presumably been addressed.

Looks very clean inside with little obvious wear.   Colour is certainly unusual, but I would say elegant and refined.  You’ve been looking for some time now Frank.  Can’t comment on price, but if you can arrange a test drive then it’s surely decision time.

Good luck with it!

• Like 1