Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yet another possible UX250h owner

Hi .. seriously thinking of buying a UX250h but have a few questions for you experts out there! I have found some answers in the forum but would appreciate answers / clarifications to the following.

Spare wheel / space saver. I believe they don’t come supplied with one but is there room to store one? There are some advertised on eBay as being compatible?

Are they available with a light coloured headlining as most seem to be black?

The 10inch satnav .. only available on the F SPORT with the Premium Plus Pack?

This one surprised me for a luxury vehicle.. the only model with electrically folding mirrors is the Takumi? Is this correct?

I was hooked on the CT200h, until I was put off by all the CAT thefts, which according to the media, are increasing daily. I see that Lexus make a CATLOCK for the CT but not for the UX, so hopefully that means they are safe, or as safe as they can be.

Someone else mentioned paying a premium for a Lexus. To be honest I can get most of my wishlist by purchasing a Toyota Corolla, I could afford a much newer one, for the same price or less and they come with up to 6 years warranty. BUT I really prefer the Lexus ….

Hi, after a lot of research I have a UX Takumi.

Spare tyre can fit under the boot floor, but it is not compatible with the underfloor storage tray, so that would have to go. Cost of space saver is £160 and. With all bits of foam etc would be £500 from the dealer fitted. Car has run-flats which give a good ride - not sure if all have this. I am unsure if a full size wheel would fit in there.

Our headling is black, not sure about others.

Big sat nav will be with higher spec ones, download the spec sheets and it should be listed. 

Not sure about mirrors.

According to customer services who I asked on 18/6/20, they were not aware of any UX in whom cat was stolen. This May of course have changed, but looking at the parts diagrams, the Main cat is attached to the exhaust manifold and is pretty inaccessible.

if you have the car serviced by Lexus a 2 year warranty, with free European AA cover and free mot is £495, so £250 a year, until, potentially it is 12 years old.

apart from the teeny boot and back seat space it is a great car. 

Having heated ventilated memory seats, sunroof and heated steering wheel in Takumi is great.

• Thanks 1

"Are they available with a light coloured headlining as most seem to be black?" .......Yes they are, mine has ivory leather seats and light coloured headlining.

"the only model with electrically folding mirrors is the Takumi? Is this correct?".......incorrect, I have folding mirrors operated by a rocker switch (i.e. won't automatically fold on locking) my car spec is standard UX but with Premium Plus Pack.

"CATLOCK for the CT but not for the UX".......Catlock is not required as John stated above the cat is inaccessible via trolley jacking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, schroder said:

Are they available with a light coloured headlining as most seem to be black?

The 10inch satnav .. only available on the F SPORT with the Premium Plus Pack?

This one surprised me for a luxury vehicle.. the only model with electrically folding mirrors is the Takumi? Is this correct?

This does depends on the year you are looking at but:

There are a couple of seat colours that have a light roof lining - a cream leather and a tan leather at launch. For MY2020 there is also a two-tone cobalt and white leather which also has a light lining.

At launch (MY2019) the F Sport with either Premium Plus pack or the Takumi Pack have the 10.3" display, as does the full Takumi grade. For MY2020, the standard UX grade with the newly introduced Premium Pro Pack also gets you the 10.3" display.

All UXs have electrically folding mirrors - but they are manually operated by a switch. The only ones that will auto fold on locking/unlocking are the F Sport grade with Takumi Pack or the Takumi grade.

537860743_Screenshot2021-04-06at23_01_08.thumb.png.b0407ccb1692c2282dcbc19b94b2ecde.png

• Like 4

Thankyou for all the replies so far, all very helpfull.

It would seem that what I am looking for does not exist .. black 'leather' seats with a white headlining, at least not in my price range. I haven't actually been to view any so far due to lockdown and the dealers being shut, so not sure how claustrophobic the interior is being all black. I don't really fancy the red seats and feel the white / ivory ones rather impractical for me. Looking forward to next week when hopefully I can visit a dealer and actually see and sit in a vehicle!

On 4/7/2021 at 7:13 PM, schroder said:

Thankyou for all the replies so far, all very helpfull.

It would seem that what I am looking for does not exist .. black 'leather' seats with a white headlining, at least not in my price range. I haven't actually been to view any so far due to lockdown and the dealers being shut, so not sure how claustrophobic the interior is being all black. I don't really fancy the red seats and feel the white / ivory ones rather impractical for me. Looking forward to next week when hopefully I can visit a dealer and actually see and sit in a vehicle!

I got the moon roof option and that brightens up an otherwise dark interior.

• Like 2

UPDATE .. I finally went to a Lexus dealer today to see a very smart looking blue UX250h.

This is the second Lexus dealer I have visited, the first time, several months ago to view a CT200h. I found both to be very welcoming, with a drink and biscuits provided.

The CT200h had staines on the light coloured roof lining, which when pointed out to the sales assistant, I was told 'that will be resolved if you buy it.'

The UX250h I viewed today had a large scrape and several deep scratches in the metalic paintwork and again I was told 'will be sorted out before you buy it.'

Neither vehicle was under preparation so are they hoping no-one notices the blemishes which will save them the cost of repair? I would have thought they should be displayed in top condition, especially being a Lexus, or am I being naive?

Sadly, in my opinion and I know many will disagree with me, I found the interior of the UX250h to be a very gloomy place .. black seats, which I wanted, but black everything else, which I didn't want. I asked the salesman whether Lexus did a lighter headlining, ColinBarber  kindly supplied an interior colours and trims chart previously, but he said they didn't. I mentioned in passing that I had previously considered a CT200h but was put off by the CAT thefts, to which he replied ' you won't have that problem with the UX250h as it doesn't have a CAT.' It was a hybrid I was looking at, not electric!

I have decided against a Lexus as my next and probably final vehicle purchase .. maybe it's just me but is this normal behaviour / knowledge from Lexus dealers?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, schroder said:

UPDATE .. I finally went to a Lexus dealer today to see a very smart looking blue UX250h.

This is the second Lexus dealer I have visited, the first time, several months ago to view a CT200h. I found both to be very welcoming, with a drink and biscuits provided.

The CT200h had staines on the light coloured roof lining, which when pointed out to the sales assistant, I was told 'that will be resolved if you buy it.'

The UX250h I viewed today had a large scrape and several deep scratches in the metalic paintwork and again I was told 'will be sorted out before you buy it.'

Neither vehicle was under preparation so are they hoping no-one notices the blemishes which will save them the cost of repair? I would have thought they should be displayed in top condition, especially being a Lexus, or am I being naive?

Sadly, in my opinion and I know many will disagree with me, I found the interior of the UX250h to be a very gloomy place .. black seats, which I wanted, but black everything else, which I didn't want. I asked the salesman whether Lexus did a lighter headlining, ColinBarber  kindly supplied an interior colours and trims chart previously, but he said they didn't. I mentioned in passing that I had previously considered a CT200h but was put off by the CAT thefts, to which he replied ' you won't have that problem with the UX250h as it doesn't have a CAT.' It was a hybrid I was looking at, not electric!

I have decided against a Lexus as my next and probably final vehicle purchase .. maybe it's just me but is this normal behaviour / knowledge from Lexus dealers?

You should definitely buy something else...see how that goes !

I love my UX, it's a fantastic machine...one of the best cars that I've owned...without looking I couldn't tell you the colour of my headlining...it's a car not my front room.

The dealer that I use, in Newcastle, is just briliant....very professional.

It's not unusual to be shown cars , before preparation, but surely they warned you....perhaps you should name this dealer .

9 hours ago, cur666 said:

You should definitely buy something else...see how that goes !

I love my UX, it's a fantastic machine...one of the best cars that I've owned...without looking I couldn't tell you the colour of my headlining...it's a car not my front room.

The dealer that I use, in Newcastle, is just briliant....very professional.

It's not unusual to be shown cars , before preparation, but surely they warned you....perhaps you should name this dealer .

Thankyou, I will and hopefully find what I am looking for. Maybe the salesman will know what he's talking about and have a better knowledge of the product he is selling.

I think the UX looks fantastic, especially in the metalic blue which is the colour I was after. It was the totally black interior that put me off. Maybe because of all the cars I have owned over the years, I have never had one with a black headlining. Obviously I must be the odd man out here as most of the UX models have this colour and loads have been sold!

I telephoned both dealers prior to my visit to make sure the vehicle I was interested in was still in stock. Neither of them informed me that they were 'under preparation' or needed cosmetic work / repairs carried out. They were situated in Ipswich and Tunbridge Wells.

• Like 1

Generally speaking a dealership won’t prepare a car for sale until it has been sold. This is to avoid any unnecessary cost were they to end up moving the car on in the trade if they can’t sell it. I’ve always felt this is counter productive but I can see the logic if running a business with very fine margins which dealerships are.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2021 at 9:28 AM, paulrnx said:

Generally speaking a dealership won’t prepare a car for sale until it has been sold. This is to avoid any unnecessary cost were they to end up moving the car on in the trade if they can’t sell it. I’ve always felt this is counter productive but I can see the logic if running a business with very fine margins which dealerships are.

Hmm, makes sense I guess, although when I spend the sort of money they are asking I would like to see exactly what I am buying, not imagining how it could look!

I have not noticed this at 'other makes' dealers ...

On 4/19/2021 at 6:13 PM, schroder said:

Hmm, makes sense I guess, although when I spend the sort of money they are asking I would like to see exactly what I am buying, not imagining how it could look!

I have not noticed this at 'other makes' dealers ...

I have close friends who work in the trade and this is what they tell me. It could be that you’ve looked at particularly good examples that required no or very little remedial work perhaps.