Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Realistsic IS300h prices?

Hi guys,

Keen on getting an IS300H after owning a IS250. I know the used car market right now, and the past year, has been desolate lately. Seems like cars I bought/sold 2-3 years ago are going for 20-30% more today.

Having said that, I'm in no rush to get a car right now so was just wondering what are some sensible prices for a 300h? I've seen some 2013 180K ones being advertised for 9K - is that about right?

Cheers

I think in particular IS mk3 are priced quite reasonably. Higher miles ones or lower trims are now coming under 10k (even as low as 7,5k-8k) and that was similar price when mk2 were 7-8 years old.

Where I would agree with you - mk2 prices seems to hold. I bought my 2008 IS250 SE-L with 122k miles in 2014 for £5000 and you would still pay like £4000 for such car nowadays, so they have not depreciated at all. And even looking to latest 2012 cars, you certainly can't buy 2012 IS250 SE-L for £5000, even thought it is now 9 years old and mine was 6,5 years old when I bought it. So there seems to be something strange going on with mk2 price, but mk3 are very reasonable.

The only reason I can think of - Lexus never replaced IS250 mk2... there were IS250 mk3, but they are extremely rare and IS300h is significant downgrade from IS250 in many ways. Mk2 were better equipped standard, more solidly built and V6 is much more enjoyable to drive. I don't want to say IS300h is bad car, but coming from IS250 I really could never appreciate it. Sore if you want just nice car which is little bit more fuel efficient and you don't care about power then IS300h is "alright", but if like me, one wants just little bit more powerful car than IS250 then Lexus offers no options and IS300h is certainly quite disappointing.

I personally wanted coupe, so I went for RC. But if you prefer 4 doors, then GS450h mk4 is quite nice option. It is what I consider true upgrade over IS250 and something you could feel is an improvement. IS300h in other hand is sideways move at best, but in many areas downgrade. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 5:45 PM, Linas.P said:

I think in particular IS mk3 are priced quite reasonably. Higher miles ones or lower trims are now coming under 10k (even as low as 7,5k-8k) and that was similar price when mk2 were 7-8 years old.

Where I would agree with you - mk2 prices seems to hold. I bought my 2008 IS250 SE-L with 122k miles in 2014 for £5000 and you would still pay like £4000 for such car nowadays, so they have not depreciated at all. And even looking to latest 2012 cars, you certainly can't buy 2012 IS250 SE-L for £5000, even thought it is now 9 years old and mine was 6,5 years old when I bought it. So there seems to be something strange going on with mk2 price, but mk3 are very reasonable.

The only reason I can think of - Lexus never replaced IS250 mk2... there were IS250 mk3, but they are extremely rare and IS300h is significant downgrade from IS250 in many ways. Mk2 were better equipped standard, more solidly built and V6 is much more enjoyable to drive. I don't want to say IS300h is bad car, but coming from IS250 I really could never appreciate it. Sore if you want just nice car which is little bit more fuel efficient and you don't care about power then IS300h is "alright", but if like me, one wants just little bit more powerful car than IS250 then Lexus offers no options and IS300h is certainly quite disappointing.

I personally wanted coupe, so I went for RC. But if you prefer 4 doors, then GS450h mk4 is quite nice option. It is what I consider true upgrade over IS250 and something you could feel is an improvement. IS300h in other hand is sideways move at best, but in many areas downgrade. 

I bought an IS250 SEL for 3K, 60K miles.

Most of the prices online (non dealerships) for the IS250 seem to be around 2K-3,5K. Anything above 4K is usually the 2010/11 onwards, not sure they provide something extra to warrant the prices? Are they facelifted?

Reg the IS300H - I do like those cars but I don't think theres anyway I'm going to be paying 10K for something thats done 190K. Decided to wait a couple months and going to go for an alfa romeo giulia. This is now my 3rd IS250 - love them but the IS300h seems a bit overpriced for what they are, perhaps Lexus spent too much money on the hybrid systems. Speakers terrible, seats lower quality than the IS250, quite slow for a 2.5 litre + hybrid electric motors - maybe its old architecture - etc. etc. Anyway, super happy to have another is250 - cant go wrong!

2 minutes ago, Jezz11553 said:

i would get an RC if there was something inbetween the crappy hybrid/200t and the rcf..

Haaa... It feels almost like I have said it myself - hate both 300h and 200t... RC350 would be so much better than both, but as it happens Lexus decided we do not deserve to have it in UK! And RC-F is great, but it is a leap too far for me - "performance car "tax etc.

I recently got my 64 plate is300h for just over 11k with 74k on the clock, executive edition and I would have been looking another 1-2k and a year older to get the higher spec.

Although it was very easy to add near 5k for extended warranty and service plan.

That was from a lexus dealership so I'm sure I'm adding a premium for that alone.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links