Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

AWD boot space

Hi

I am thinking of buying a UX and have test driven a 2WD sport model.  As I drive to the alps for skiing a few times each winter I am interest in the AWD version to replace my 4 wheel drive Golf.  The UX I tested had a space under the floor in the boot, would I loose this with AWD?

Any insight greatly appreciated.

Barry

• 4 weeks later...

A quick follow up to my original post...

I picked up my UX E-Four from MK Lexus on Friday and was delighted to discover that Colin's reply was incorrect.  The 'large' underfloor storage space in the AWD is roughly the same size as in the 2WD I test drove.

Happy days!

Barry

455902313_IMG_0528(1).jpeg.76b7e890f958a8f5cf617ffedcd73ea5.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi Colin

Yes its strange, unexpected and I had to check the invoice to make sure I'd got the right car!  The only other place I can see the 37 Ltrs being lost might be the layer beneath the storage area if that gets counted in the capacity calculations.

Anyway alls well that ends well, I have a lovely car and very happy dog!

Kind regards

Barry 

• 6 months later...

@BarryW - that's good news. It does look slightly smaller, I think - and it's amazing how quickly the litres add up. Does your E-Four model have the removable lift-up panels on the sides of the boot? Presumably the Battery is still tucked away on the right, but the FWD model also has two quite deep compartments on the rearward corners that I like to stash stuff in - they lift up on flaps with little pulls.

I've got a new Takumi F-Sport UX on order to replace my current one, and I keep wondering if I shouldn't pay a little extra for the E-Four system to be added after all. I don't believe that I need it for snow etc. but do find the front wheels scrabbling for grip pulling out onto roundabouts or junctions in wet weather, especially when the steering wheel is turned.

Do you find you notice the system doing anything much? What were your reasons for stumping up the extra cash? Do you notice there being an impact on fuel economy at all?

Nick