Mines up for sale in the forums. 🥲

On 4/8/2021 at 7:08 PM, ISF V8 JAY said:

Afternoon everyone.

I’m after a reasonable priced GSF.

would consider any colours

max mileage 70k

missed one for £31995 on Autotrader a couple weeks back. 😔😔

thanks in advance.

reasonable? Can you elaborate on reasonable, when I hear that word, I usually translate it as someone wanting to pay "less than the going rate"!

https://www.monzamotorhouse.co.uk/cars/lexus/gs/f5.0v8/431731/

The above has recently been reduced by £1000

As well, it hard to say what is a "reasonable" price on cars which at any given time has at most 3 for sale and I would not worry about mileage - there are total of 60 cars in UK, so you not exactly have a choice.

18 hours ago, Fair and square said:

reasonable? Can you elaborate on reasonable, when I hear that word, I usually translate it as someone wanting to pay "less than the going rate"!

https://www.monzamotorhouse.co.uk/cars/lexus/gs/f5.0v8/431731/

The above has recently been reduced by £1000

I'm confused by this.  I thought that every time a GSF appeared for sale people were fighting over getting there first to buy it?  If so, how come this one has been around so long?

15 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

I'm confused by this.  I thought that every time a GSF appeared for sale people were fighting over getting there first to buy it?  If so, how come this one has been around so long?

Not listed on mainstream sites maybe? Although now it certainly is on AT. Other guess - buying such car without test drive would be strange and those were recently not available. 

Second thing with all F cars - they are niche, so yes there are very few of them, but very few buyers as well, so it could be matter of being in right place at the right time.

1 hour ago, Shahpor said:

A forum member tried to buy this but it had been reserved via deposit and the sale fell through. I'm pretty certain that I've seen this traversed via deposit for Atleast 5 times and the sale never closes... 

I know of a similar year and milage coloured one a few years ago that looked like the front carbon piece had damage to it and a bad repair job, I wonder if it's the same car ? 

7 hours ago, Arnett said:

A forum member tried to buy this but it had been reserved via deposit and the sale fell through. I'm pretty certain that I've seen this traversed via deposit for Atleast 5 times and the sale never closes... 

I know of a similar year and milage coloured one a few years ago that looked like the front carbon piece had damage to it and a bad repair job, I wonder if it's the same car ? 

I’m sure that car was a 17 plate with minimal service history. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yep 6 is quite a lot.  My isf is a 13 plate with 4 or 5 but one of those was Lexus Swindon as the guy who traded it in did the wrong section on the v5 when he traded it in.  It hasn’t put a foot wrong so maybe the number of owners got me a bit of a discount.

I’d love to buy one of these two GSFs but although my heart is with the forum owned, my head says the blue one from the garage looks the better buy as it’s only £1k more, newer 16 plate, rather less miles, sunroof, only 2 owners and a warranty (of sorts)

😂Half the owners are lexus iirc, and one of the them is also a forum member. I actually think i may be number 5 I need to revisit the logbook. 

The blue one has now sold unfortunately. Finance was approved yesterday afaik after many declines.

Its not unusual for cars like ours to have high owner numbers, I see it all the time on m3's, rs4's etc

People buy them to scratch an itch or soon get tired/scared of the running costs, it doesnt mean that they dont still baby them imho