Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sheffield Lexus have a GS 450H SE registered 30/9/08 with only 7230 miles, for £11350.

MOT history shows 282, 150, 241, 404, 410, 406, 448, 391, 491, 683 miles between certifications.

It is interesting with the issues that people have had with little use during the pandemic. One wonders if the owner used a trickle charger?

Be intersting to see the pictures of condition! I imagine new tyres could be needed?

I'm sorry but I find this rather sad and annoying.

Why buy something so expensive and so nice, just to have it garaged up 99% of the time?

To my mind, the previous owner has just robbed someone else of having the pleasure of driving it. I'll never understand people like that - if you don't want to use it, don't buy it.

Rant over :laughing:

• Thanks 1

Why spend 10s of thousands on a car for it to sit and do nowt... just to keep mileage down so next owner gets it with low mileage

bit like marrying a virgin and doing nowt so next man can have all the fun 😂 

• Haha 2

My last car was like that, 10 years old with 20k on the clock.

OK it was a Rover 25 so not exactly great car, a little old lady just used it to pop a mile down the road to the shops every so often, till she started scraping it on things and her kids persuaded her to stop driving 🤣

I have been in touch this morning with Lexus Sheffield for that GS. Unfortunately there is no dealer in Ireland which can help me with the importing process. I was willing to make a financial effort considering the outstanding condition of the car but I have to give up. Anyway after considering all costs it would be really too expensive to import it: 6,700 euros on top of the price of the car. Too much.

On 4/8/2021 at 10:02 PM, Herbie said:

Why buy something so expensive and so nice, just to have it garaged up 99% of the time?

To my mind, the previous owner has just robbed someone else of having the pleasure of driving it. I'll never understand people like that - if you don't want to use it, don't buy it.

Sorry Herbs, but it seems unlikely that you know the reason why the annual and total mileage was so low.  I can think of a number of reasons why this might apply and believe it unreasonable to expect an owner to drive a certain number of miles, (how many miles?) to justify ownership.  I don't think there is anything unique about this model and anybody who really wanted  one could have bought one new or used.  The owner paid for it and should not be criticized  for the way s/he used it, even if just to polish it or keep it as part of a collection or whatever.

My father only did about 400 miles a year for the last few years of his driving period, using his BMW for a weekly visit to get groceries, getting to his local Golf course collecting his partner on the way, and to visit my sister who was not far away.  It would undoubtedly have been less expensive to have got a cab. But he enjoyed his car, so good for him. My mileage has greatly reduced nowadays, quite apart from Covid restrictions, but I would not take kindly to anybody suggesting how I spent my money on whatever vehicle I chose or the way I use it!

• Like 3

On 4/8/2021 at 10:02 PM, Herbie said:

Does the same apply to a four seat car vehicle when you only use one? Or a 4 bed house when there's only 2 of you and the dog 😱

• Like 2

9 hours ago, b4u2 said:

Also saw this but looks too good to be true! 

I received a video from the seller showing all the annual stamps in the service booklet. The car belonged to an elderly gentleman who recently passed away and he has barely used it in 13 years. Always serviced by Lexus Sheffield.

• Like 2

Not quite as bad, but my wife's 2017 Skoda Fabia has only done 6300 miles in just short of 4 years. Whoever has reserved this Lexus GS450H has probably bought a future classic to be proud of...

On 4/9/2021 at 3:16 PM, serbarry said:

it would be really too expensive to import it: 6,700 euros on top of the price of the car.

I feel sorry for serbarry being unable to get it over the water to Ireland for a reasonable sum as he was in promptly showing interest...

As an aside I got a call this morning from Lexus Tesside advising me that their showroom is now open for business under the revised Covid trading rules. I had to tell the saleman I got fixed up with an NX300H the week before last from Lexus Cambridge.

Cheers

Phil 

39 minutes ago, Phil Catterall said:

I feel sorry for serbarry being unable to get it over the water to Ireland for a reasonable sum as he was in promptly showing interest...

Phil 

Thank you Phil. If in Ireland there was half of the choice that you have in England I would have probably already bought one. Unfortunately at present there are only a few with a lot of miles on them.  

I forgot to tell you that after al,l the total price for importing it would have been 19-20,000 euros (price of the car + VAT, customs, VRT, travel expenses to get it, etc.) which is the same amount that in Ireland would buy a 3-4 years old Prius with 60-80K km. So probably it would have been worth importing the GS, but Lexus Sheffield would not have kept the car for me for months even if I had paid a deposit to secure it and wait until it would have been allowed to travel to Sheffield to get it.  

12 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Sorry Herbs, but it seems unlikely that you know the reason why the annual and total mileage was so low.  I can think of a number of reasons why this might apply and believe it unreasonable to expect an owner to drive a certain number of miles, (how many miles?) to justify ownership.  I don't think there is anything unique about this model and anybody who really wanted  one could have bought one new or used.  The owner paid for it and should not be criticized  for the way s/he used it, even if just to polish it or keep it as part of a collection or whatever.

My father only did about 400 miles a year for the last few years of his driving period, using his BMW for a weekly visit to get groceries, getting to his local Golf course collecting his partner on the way, and to visit my sister who was not far away.  It would undoubtedly have been less expensive to have got a cab. But he enjoyed his car, so good for him. My mileage has greatly reduced nowadays, quite apart from Covid restrictions, but I would not take kindly to anybody suggesting how I spent my money on whatever vehicle I chose or the way I use it!

You realise he wasn't entirely serious right 🤣

1 hour ago, Steven Lockey said:

You realise he wasn't entirely serious right 🤣

You're right Steve, but there was a twinge of truth in it in the sense that, even if I had nowhere to go and no specific reason to use the car, I would invent reasons to drive it.

As most of you know, we got our current car about three weeks ago from Lexus Teeside and I'm so impressed with it that I'd sleep in it if I could :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Herbie said:

You're right Steve, but there was a twinge of truth in it in the sense that, even if I had nowhere to go and no specific reason to use the car, I would invent reasons to drive it.

Hey I resemble that comment! lol 

Only got 4000 miles/year on the insurance when I first got the car. Found myself taking little drives out in the country just to go for a drive before too long and had to bump the number of miles on my insurance 😉

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Herbie said:

As most of you know, we got our current car about three weeks ago from Lexus Teeside and I'm so impressed with it that I'd sleep in it if I could :laughing:

Glad you said in it and not with it 😂😂😂😂

On 4/12/2021 at 5:51 PM, Herbie said:

I’m averaging 20k a year in my RC F.... and its 20k of smiles per mile.... I’ve other cars i can use but why would i, i enjoy everything about my car ..comfort,looks,reliability, speed, and speed and did i mention speed 😏 (all legal posted speed limits 🤔😉

bought it to drive and show off in it...and I’ve mastered all that 😂 

and will find any excuse to get out and about in it 👍🏻