Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New member, just bought an IS250

Hi from a new member, 

Picked this up a few days ago and loving it so far!

Got a few things planned so will be asking a few questions on here. 

20210405_203224.jpg

• Like 4

love the stance.. is the carbon fiber spoiler an addon or OEM? gives it more sporty look. i think the outer looks fine the way it is so i wouldn't go overboard changing bits 🙂

• Like 1

Hello Shahid congratulations on your recent purchase and welcome to the LOC,hoping you find the forum educational and informative 👍 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Very nice. And quite a rare car.

Thanks, apparently only 83 taxed on howmanyleft.co.uk in the Premier form. Not sure how accurate that data is though.

4 hours ago, noby76 said:

love the stance.. is the carbon fiber spoiler an addon or OEM? gives it more sporty look. i think the outer looks fine the way it is so i wouldn't go overboard changing bits 🙂

Add on. Yeah, looks really nice and real carbon which is a bonus. 

I am thinking just a nice drop and get it properly detailed for summer.

36 minutes ago, S18AHD said:

...and get it properly detailed for summer.

Judging from the bodywork it might have already been done!  Is there any swirling evident?

If so, then I’d recommend it.  I had mine done recently and a well applied ceramic coating is a sound investment 

Mind you, there’s one drawback that I found that may not affect you.  No more taking it through the car wash!

My IS250 is white, which I think is possibly the colour that benefits least.  It just looks very shiny.

I think your colour would probably benefit more from the extra sense of depth that ceramics would give it.

All the best with it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LenT said:

Judging from the bodywork it might have already been done!  Is there any swirling evident?

If so, then I’d recommend it.  I had mine done recently and a well applied ceramic coating is a sound investment 

Mind you, there’s one drawback that I found that may not affect you.  No more taking it through the car wash!

My IS250 is white, which I think is possibly the colour that benefits least.  It just looks very shiny.

I think your colour would probably benefit more from the extra sense of depth that ceramics would give it.

All the best with it.

Thanks mate 👍

I wouldn't use a £5 scratch & wash anyway with any of my cars. Always the two bucket method.

No swirls at the moment thankfully, just want the paint to have more depth to it.

White is always a colour that is hard to make look great.

1 hour ago, S18AHD said:

Add on. Yeah, looks really nice and real carbon which is a bonus. 

I am thinking just a nice drop and get it properly detailed for summer.

i don't think you "need" a drop as it sits reasonably  low in my opinion without being OTT.. i think the ride quality will be compromised as a daily driver car. i do remember @ganzoom mentioning in a thread a while back about how his IS300h had better handling than his 335i BMW so maybe you might be changing something that's already there in terms of handling improvement mods..

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, noby76 said:

i don't think you "need" a drop as it sits reasonably  low in my opinion without being OTT.. i think the ride quality will be compromised as a daily driver car. i do remember @ganzoom mentioning in a thread a while back about how his IS300h had better handling than his 335i BMW so maybe you might be changing something that's already there in terms of handling improvement mods..

You're right. I have access to a ramp so putting them on and removing wouldn't be an issue. The previous owner gave me Tein Coilovers so just want to see how it drives and looks with them on.

Will no doubt post pictures once done 🙂

3 hours ago, S18AHD said:

Thanks, apparently only 83 taxed on howmanyleft.co.uk in the Premier form. Not sure how accurate that data is though.

The facelift 250 is rare full stop. And certainly the one I'd go for.

2 minutes ago, MartinH said:

Go then...tell us!

From Cardiff to Swansea I can usually get 48mpg. A few times I have an indicated 50mpg+. I know the trip computer is usually optimistic, but even if its out by a few MPG, that's still good going. 

• Like 1

There's a guy who lives near me with a Gen 3 IS250 F Sport. We're on nodding terms when we drive by each other. I really should knock on is door and ask for a quick rev.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dylanlewis2000 said:

48mpg

Wow! I've never managed to hold on to 40 mpg. But that was before the top end of the engine was rebuilt. Next time I drive that stretch (and I shall) I will observe closely.

5 hours ago, Dylanlewis2000 said:

The 250 was pulled very quickly as they didn't sell many in comparison to the 300h. Sad really as its an excellent engine. I have a 62 plate (older body) and it gets great economy on a run. 

I didn't know that. Was it replaced with the 200t I assume?

19 hours ago, Dylanlewis2000 said:

From Cardiff to Swansea I can usually get 48mpg. A few times I have an indicated 50mpg+. I know the trip computer is usually optimistic, but even if its out by a few MPG, that's still good going. 

Wow, I had an IS250 for 8 years and was never able to achieve figures anyway near to that. I agree, it was a fantastic engine. 

13 hours ago, S18AHD said:

That is correct,  but that model didn’t last long either. 

19 hours ago, Dylanlewis2000 said:

On a Peterborough to Littlehampton run, I'd get my Gen 2 IS250 into the indicated mid 40s without too much hassle. I never checked how accurate the trip computer was though for fear of disappointment. 

14 hours ago, S18AHD said:

Yep, as F.A stated, they wanted to keep something a little sporty instead of the IS300h, however it didn't sell in great volumes. I read somewhere that Lexus have always been a bit wary about having turbos to provide extra performance with their cars, opting for larger displacement over a smaller engined turbo. The 200t did have a good 0-60 time of around 7 seconds. 

In this country we usually favour MPG over everything else, hence the 300h's success in comparison. However, of late, this has received the chop as they seem to be shifting  more NX and RX's. 

• Like 1

@OP: Nice car

Regarding fuel:
I have a 2010 IS250

Driving motivated in my area I barely hit 30mpg; the trip computer displays mostly around 24mpg to be honest.

Motorways, the best I had so far was 45mpg but that was doing a bit more as speed limit on cruise control, so I guess staying within the limit and a flat road you can pump it up to 50mpg.

• Like 1