Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel consumption CT200H

Las Palmas

45 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Update:

When we bought the car we had a card from BP with benefits and always filled up there.

Computer in car told that we use 6.5 – 6.7 L/100km with that. Engine now and then started sounding a bit rough (a few times only, really).

Read somewhere, maybe here on the forum that Shell put more additives in their petrol and why not find out if there is something about that.

First thing: Petrol from Shell stink a lot more like gasoline. Now after having used Shell 4 fillings computer tell consume as 6.1 – 6-2. Engine no longer sound rough, but that could be coincidence.

About the computer in the car: It sure is telling something not correct. When filling and seeing how much gasoline we put on and calculate consumption, the real number is 5 – 7% higher. Do not think that both BP and Shell are filling in less than the counter shows.

Spot on John.

My Merc`s o.b.c. has been 8% optimistic for the last 18 years!

• 5 months later...

20211216_154016.thumb.jpg.0ad3617d6696b57c1ffc421ad3e4a011.jpg  20211216_153412.thumb.jpg.1af86420092bea234d63ecfaed00b387.jpg  

20211216_153414.thumb.jpg.84a503dc6c9e849dc77267b6126c2ba1.jpg

Also washed the car. Drive through. 5 minutes - 6 €. Looks like new again except for the wheels. The machine does not clean the wheels well. Great car. Shame factory tell it runs 100km on 3.8L. It is still a very economic car with the consume it has compared to other cars or same standard. Lamps still look like new. When the Golf was 5 years old the lamps were getting yellow and not very fine. Same country with sun almost every day and the quality of the paint and the rest of the car is miles ahead of the competition.

• 4 months later...

Reset and fill the car with V-Power from Shell and going a tour in the mountains. They are beautiful now that summer is here again.

Coming down to town and seeing that consume is 8.1L / 100km.

Car is great and Lexus tell me all is in perfect working order, so hybrid is not for driving in mountains. Golf 2.0tdi DSG was consuming 6.5 on a similar tour.

20220509_202246.thumb.jpg.cf616fb1a6bddbcb6cdb2d5b9c9e8977.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Car is great and Lexus tell me all is in perfect working order, so hybrid is not for driving in mountains. Golf 2.0tdi DSG was consuming 6.5 on a similar tour.

Hi John, that may just be the important difference between you and other users here. Very few of us drive up and down mountains everyday. At least you have the views, the sun and the car. 😁

2 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Hi John, that may just be the important difference between you and other users here. Very few of us drive up and down mountains everyday. At least you have the views, the sun and the car. 😁

Maurice, John will probably drive up the mountains and gravity drive down them charging everything that needs to be charged and using little or no fuel with the gravity drop ?

17 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Maurice, John will probably drive up the mountains and gravity drive down them charging everything that needs to be charged and using little or no fuel with the gravity drop ?

I agree john, but this John really does seem to have a very different experience re mpg compared to the rest of us on here. This seems to be the only difference mentioned so far. 

11 minutes ago, Moleman said:

I agree john, but this John really does seem to have a very different experience re mpg compared to the rest of us on here. This seems to be the only difference mentioned so far. 

John and I have been discussing fuel consumption figures ever since he joined the Forum. He is a good contributor and brings much experience over a wide range of matters.

He`s in my World X1 to play Mars.😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moleman said:

John (Roy of the Rovers), 8.1L per 100km is 29 MPG! That is really low, why do you think this could be the case? I just do not understand why?

1 minute ago, Moleman said:

John (Roy of the Rovers), 8.1L per 100km is 29 MPG! That is really low, why do you think this could be the case? I just do not understand why?

I am currently returning just over 60 MPG per tank, lowest reached during the colder months was 54 MPG per tank, that is a major difference and my experience (based upon comments on here) is pretty normal for CT and the ES. Por que?

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

John and I have been discussing fuel consumption figures ever since he joined the Forum. He is a good contributor and brings much experience over a wide range of matters.

He`s in my World X1 to play Mars.😉

What is that?

2 hours ago, Moleman said:

Mountains here are maybe different to many other places. Most Tour de France teams come here to get mountain kilometres in the legs for some reason.

The MPG is not because the temperature is low here. We have about 20° C in the night.

7 hours ago, Moleman said:

He does not, I believe share our perspective on measuring fuel consumption.

Neither you nor I would claim x per gallon by simply looking at a current read out on the dashboard, nor would we claim y per gallon after doing a short journey in adverse weather conditions. I am not saying that he does either, but I would like him to calculate fuel consumption using the Brim to Brim method over a period of one month or resetting the trip recorder to show miles covered since last fill up.

And then report back to the Forum detailing his calculations. According to his declared figures, they are worse than my GS` 3.5 litre V six ! Heavens to Murgatroyd Malcolm.

3 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

What is that?

Mountains here are maybe different to many other places. Most Tour de France teams come here to get mountain kilometres in the legs for some reason.

The MPG is not because the temperature is low here. We have about 20° C in the night.

Hi John, you ask me what is this ?" He`s in my World X1 to play Mars.😉"

It is an English Boy`s sign of Respect for something that has been achieved. It is the ultimate accolade one can award.

8 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Hi John, you ask me what is this ?" He`s in my World X1 to play Mars.😉"

It is an English Boy`s sign of Respect for something that has been achieved. It is the ultimate accolade one can award.

Thank you, John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.b84082ea2dab84cd58379cb5ee39cf51.png

Full tank drive 150km in mountains - consume 8.1L/100km.

Drive 300 km in city now it shows 7.1L/100km.

Filled tank till I could see the gasoline and pressed reset.

Next time filling fuel will inform. Usually only drive in city. Live around sea level, some shops are 250m above sea level, so city is not flat like in some pancake countries. I used to live in Denmark and Himmelbjerget (the mountain to the heaven) is maybe 130 m above sea level and highest point in that country. That is a pancake country.

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

image.thumb.png.b84082ea2dab84cd58379cb5ee39cf51.png

Full tank drive 150km in mountains - consume 8.1L/100km.

Drive 300 km in city now it shows 7.1L/100km.

Filled tank till I could see the gasoline and pressed reset.

Next time filling fuel will inform. Usually only drive in city. Live around sea level, some shops are 250m above sea level, so city is not flat like in some pancake countries. I used to live in Denmark and Himmelbjerget (the mountain to the heaven) is maybe 130 m above sea level and highest point in that country. That is a pancake country.

Thanks John.

I calculate that is 31.36 average mpg over 450 kms ( 280 miles) of mixed terrain.

Tell us how many kms will have been covered at your next fill up to the brim please John.

Is your transmission always in D or do you shift frequently ?

I`ll be interested in Maurice`s comments.

13 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks John.

I calculate that is 31.36 average mpg over 450 kms ( 280 miles) of mixed terrain.

Tell us how many kms will have been covered at your next fill up to the brim please John.

Transmission is always in D. The terrain in the first 150km are a bit more than mixed many places. The Pro-teams driving Tour de France come here in winter to get mountain km in the legs.

For the 469km I filled in 34.54L to be full again (7.3L/100km). Always fill up complete as I am too lazy to drive extra economic with only little fuel and may trips to fuelling places (less weight is less consume) so when the car tells me to fill up again I will do that. If only driving around to shop and take my little one to karate and school it will take more than a week. No hurry.

Car tells me there is fuel for 600km, but I doubt that. At 469 there were no more km left according to the display.

I do not drive faster than permitted but follow traffic (even when traffic is a bit faster than permitted) so the other driver do not start honking horns. Usually I am in no hurry as here it is normal to be late. 😇

image.thumb.png.aabb8d46f804a34b9d9b8d536437ab65.png

Gasoline price is still not going down, but climb only little.

29 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks John.

Also interested in the next figures as 32MPG is pretty bad for the CT. Currently returning 62+MPG driving from Essex to Norfolk (Motorway, A roads, Country back roads) (at the speed limits of course) and back the last three weeks just over 800 miles. A 100% difference in experience needs something to explain that and all we have currently is Mountain roads. Very strange.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Also interested in the next figures as 32MPG is pretty bad for the CT. Currently returning 62+MPG driving from Essex to Norfolk (Motorway, A roads, Country back roads) (at the speed limits of course) and back the last three weeks just over 800 miles. A 100% difference in experience needs something to explain that and all we have currently is Mountain roads. Very strange.

62mpg is pretty impressive, but not too many mountains between Essex and Norfolk 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Andy1974 said:

my fuel consumption is about 56mpg which is ok my 116d did about 60mpg but do love the hybrid system wish I had one earlier on 

We are also very happy with the one we have and that it is costing more in fuel than the VW Golf 2.0tdi DSG is what it cost to have more comfort and a less polluting car. When going uphill here the Golf was blowing black smoke out of the exhaust and before MOT/TÜV I had to drive 5 - 10 km with high revolutions on engine to clean the exhaust system to get car through examination.

On 5/26/2022 at 4:50 PM, Las Palmas said:

Transmission is always in D. The terrain in the first 150km are a bit more than mixed many places. The Pro-teams driving Tour de France come here in winter to get mountain km in the legs.

For the 469km I filled in 34.54L to be full again (7.3L/100km). Always fill up complete as I am too lazy to drive extra economic with only little fuel and may trips to fuelling places (less weight is less consume) so when the car tells me to fill up again I will do that. If only driving around to shop and take my little one to karate and school it will take more than a week. No hurry.

Car tells me there is fuel for 600km, but I doubt that. At 469 there were no more km left according to the display.

I do not drive faster than permitted but follow traffic (even when traffic is a bit faster than permitted) so the other driver do not start honking horns. Usually I am in no hurry as here it is normal to be late. 😇

image.thumb.png.aabb8d46f804a34b9d9b8d536437ab65.png

Gasoline price is still not going down, but climb only little.

John, Do you have a page like this on the car?

IMG_20220601_132236.thumb.jpg.f537e502844024e708145902d8a06cf1.jpg

31 minutes ago, Moleman said:

John, Do you have a page like this on the car?

IMG_20220601_132236.thumb.jpg.f537e502844024e708145902d8a06cf1.jpg

No. Have not seen anything like that on screen.

After refuel been driving 65km and being told I have 500km of fuel left in tank (doubt that) plus consume in city is about 5.6L/100km.

image.thumb.png.803512fd173d73bee1a8deb95d27b737.png

2 hours ago, Andy1974 said:

some of my driving is motorway so not much fuel economy however when I drop into town ev all the way, and no noisy Diesel engine 

The engine in our Golf was no way noisy only dirty.

Do not understand the "ev all the way". In EV mode a CT does not drive longer than a few hundred metres except when driving downhill.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links