Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Odd 18 plate NX

Whilst hunting for a new (second hand) NX I came across this:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202103290733737?model=NX 300H&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&postcode=sa48lp&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=200&sort=relevance&aggregatedTrim=Premier&make=LEXUS&price-to=30000&year-from=2018&include-delivery-option=on&page=1

It appears to be an 18 plate, on the pre face lift platform. From what I can gather there was a cross-over on the 67 plates, but this is the only 18 plate I have seen. Was it the dealership (at the time) had old unregistered stock? 

It will have just been one they had in stock that they just didn't register until March 2018 - maybe it was stuck in a showroom or a cancelled/delayed order from Japan.

Hopefully someone got a good deal when they bought it new - can often happen when facelifts come out.

My facelift model was registered in Jan 2018 so you are correct about '67' being the crossover plate for the facelift.

• Like 1

I ordered my NX in November 2017. I waited until the facelift model appeared in the showrooms as interested to see what the changes were. The facelift model appeared in the showroom during the first week in November 2017, so I suspect the one in question had been in stock for a few months before registration.

Strewth, asking a bit much there for a pre face-lift version (yes, it's the top spec and only 10k on the clock).

The equivalent face lift would have added a bigger infotainment screen and would have given the option for the panoramic glass roof and the better hud integration with the dashboard. 

3 minutes ago, subria88 said:

Strewth, asking a bit much there for a pre face-lift version (yes, it's the top spec and only 10k on the clock).

The equivalent face lift would have added a bigger infotainment screen and would have given the option for the panoramic glass roof and the better hud integration with the dashboard. 

True Jeff, but some bright spark will come along and find it appealing `cos it lowers their B.I.K.

I'm noticing a lack in the number of premier face lift models out there at the moment. In Wales, the only dealership (Motorline Cardiff) is set to reopen on the 12th. Hopefully there'll be a few more models on the market soon. 

The easiest way to tell the difference is the pre face lift models have much slimmer front bumper side vents (better looking I think). From the rear the pre face lift model has smaller rear lights compared to the facelift.

The Wiki page has both pre and post facelift images.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_NX

The three 'eye' LED headlights of the Premier/Takumi and F Sport models were also changed with the facelift.

They were aligned horizontally in the pre-facelift model, but stacked in the newer version.

On 4/17/2021 at 12:06 AM, Dylanlewis2000 said:

Plus I think I’m right in saying this.... they play a little animation when turned off. 

They do when turned on. This is to validate that the adaptive headlight system works... which did not exist on the previous model.