Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New video released: Driving GS 450h on motorway...

Vey good Nick.

No discernible rattles, squeaks, or wind noise. Exterior traffic/vehicle noise was minimal, or not noticeable. Roar from engine only evident when you depressed the accelerator ala BMW,  rather than receive the gliding effect of linear acceleration.

Photography gave the effect of driving through a constant mist rather than affording a view of looking directly through the windscreen. Possible to rectify?

Everything seemed so calm and tranquil that I kept thinking of Beethoven`s Pastoral Symphony--you might consider using that to introduce the GS ?

Anyway, thanks once again.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Vey good Nick.

No discernible rattles, squeaks, or wind noise. Exterior traffic/vehicle noise was minimal, or not noticeable. Roar from engine only evident when you depressed the accelerator ala BMW,  rather than receive the gliding effect of linear acceleration.

Photography gave the effect of driving through a constant mist rather than affording a view of looking directly through the windscreen. Possible to rectify?

Everything seemed so calm and tranquil that I kept thinking of Beethoven`s Pastoral Symphony--you might consider using that to introduce the GS ?

Anyway, thanks once again.

Thank you John for checking the video. I know the contrast was a bit of a challenge and I could not get around it as the phone camera focuses on the immediate surrounding. I wish it was clearer on the road. I did this video with one camera only and it was all done as a hobby. I am not pertaining to be a car reviewer expert! They do this job way better than me. But it was fun to do the project. I will check out the Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony and will see what I can do on the next video for you! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nico72 said:

I am not pertaining to be a car reviewer expert! They do this job way better than me. But it was fun to do the project. 

I much prefer your honest appraisal than twaddle from a professional hack!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

You have sold it to me Nick! 

If I were to replace my LS400 with another saloon, I think the GS450h would definitely be the one!

That is good news David! I am glad you are sold about this GS. It is a fantastic car.

7 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I much prefer your honest appraisal than twaddle from a professional hack!

Thanks David! I know a lot of them are being paid by the German car manufacturers who are so biased in their reviews. For instance, they always tend to seek 0-60MPH how quick the car gets, but frankly there is much more than this. How the car drives and whether the engine is refined or not is more important to me. They also criticise the infotainment system but honestly, there is nothing wrong with it! It works well if you adjust the sensitivity, which they all seem to not know this!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nico72 said:

Thanks David! I know a lot of them are being paid by the German car manufacturers who are so biased in their reviews. For instance, they always tend to seek 0-60MPH how quick the car gets, but frankly there is much more than this. How the car drives and whether the engine is refined or not is more important to me. They also criticise the infotainment system but honestly, there is nothing wrong with it! It works well if you adjust the sensitivity, which they all seem to not know this!!

As John would say: "Read the handbook!"

• Like 2

I think my next video will be focusing on the Infotainment system as there is lots of good stuff that many may not be aware: you can receive your text message, emails on the infotainment system and let the system read it aloud whilst you are driving. And there are some presets answers ready for you to click quickly so that you can respond on the move without having to write a full reply. All these are free of charge! BMW would charge you an annual subscription and if I remember it is around £140 a year! Lexus does it standard... You can play any songs on your phone and play them via Bluetooth connection under 'BT' link and it works really well. I use Spotify and never had a single issue. So for a car that is 2014 manufactured, it is very well built to allow most of current needs we may have in mind. The home button is very good as it gives you 3 separate screens one for music/radio, one for Sat nav, and one for air con. It is very clever indeed.

• Like 1

You two are doing a wonderful job in enhancing the value of my 450h. Do keep up the good work!

There is one phrase that springs to my mind and perhaps other Lexus drivers have recognised this too?

Whenever, I get into the car, whether to drive it, check something in the Handbook, or simply to put it into Ready Mode to recharge the Battery, I experience an "inner peace".

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

You two are doing a wonderful job in enhancing the value of my 450h. Do keep up the good work!

There is one phrase that springs to my mind and perhaps other Lexus drivers have recognised this too?

Whenever, I get into the car, whether to drive it, check something in the Handbook, or simply to put it into Ready Mode to recharge the Battery, I experience an "inner peace".

Glad you feel that way too! The tranquility feeling is addictive!

5 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Shock horror and indignation! I thought you knew the handbook by heart!

I seem to be taking something of a drubbing this afternoon !

Those dishing it out seem to be resident in  Kent and Gran Canaria.🤣🤣

Missiles loaded, targeted and ready to project Custard Cremes !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

As part of a longer missive I opined thus, 

During my working career when asked what my ambitions were I often replied; To be a trainee eccentric. But it's only of late that I have come to realise that in fact what I was doing was chasing wisdom. In addition to Deming on that drive back my thoughts wandered to Greek mythology and the Lotus Eaters. Here they lived in eternal sunlit afternoons in a perfect state of mind and no concerns to disturb their contemplations and that's sort of like driving the RX. So it is Lexus in place of Lotus (apologies to Tennyson) from here on in and I anticipate wisdom insights any day now especially how to afford a series IV😎

And with a name like Nico I am sure he will "get this" 😂

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 2:35 PM, Phil xxkr said:

As part of a longer missive I opined thus, 

During my working career when asked what my ambitions were I often replied; To be a trainee eccentric. But it's only of late that I have come to realise that in fact what I was doing was chasing wisdom. In addition to Deming on that drive back my thoughts wandered to Greek mythology and the Lotus Eaters. Here they lived in eternal sunlit afternoons in a perfect state of mind and no concerns to disturb their contemplations and that's sort of like driving the RX. So it is Lexus in place of Lotus (apologies to Tennyson) from here on in and I anticipate wisdom insights any day now especially how to afford a series IV😎

And with a name like Nico I am sure he will "get this" 😂

Waiter!  I’ll have a pint of whatever he’s having.  😀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links