Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Recommended Posts

I posted the other day in the lounge regarding the prices of genuine parts here in the UK.

I then took a look at other suppliers namely Nengun Performance and  Amayama.

Power Steering Idle Up Valve.

LPD discounted price £122.00

Nengum £36.00

Amayama 35.00

Coolant Thermostat

LPD £29.00

Nengun No response

Amayama £6.90

Thermostat Cover gasket O ring seal.

LPD £10.00

Nengun No response

Amayama £2.09

Even including expedited shipping from the UAE and £12.00 VAT the total cost is £72.00 compared with UK prices of £167.00 for the very same parts from the same manufacturer.

Just had confirmation and should be here by the end of the month.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked LPD for a price on camber adjust bolts for suspension they were £19 each! Off to Amayama I went.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shanra said:

I asked LPD for a price on camber adjust bolts for suspension they were £19 each! Off to Amayama I went.

Exactly my take on things, I couldn’t accept the prices especially the thermostat housing rubber O ring seal at £10.00 from LPD!

To add further insult their shipping (£5.99) was more than the standard shipping cost from Amayama UAE at £5.49 although I opted for expedited at £13.49 delivered to my door.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last two packages I have had from Amayama have incurred no charges and have come direct to me!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If my memory serves me ..  Amayama supply / or supplied,  from two sources .  UAE and Japan .....  not sure if, following Brexit and new protocols with the eu and Japan, the arrangements could be a little different, even from prior experiences

But it's good to know ............ 

Malc

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, shanra said:

Last two packages I have had from Amayama have incurred no charges and have come direct to me!

The last 2 packages I received from Columbia were damaged in transit, there was white powder spilling everywhere 😀

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malc said:

If my memory serves me ..  Amayama supply / or supplied,  from two sources .  UAE and Japan .....

That is correct and you have to be careful that all your order is supplied from Amayama or UAE, otherwise you will have 2 lots of shipping costs. I made that mistake when some nuts or bolts came from the UAE and the rest from Amayama, the nuts/bolts ended up being expensive.............

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was a legal requirement since January that the companies had to include the vat if sent from abroad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The HMRC website information is confusing to me, up to £36.00 as a gift is OK but then it states up to £135.00 for purchased goods and no additional courier “admin” charges?

Happy to pay the VAT but saves me £12.00 if it comes through without.

I made sure all the parts are UAE not a mix from Japan also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, steve2006 said:

and no additional courier “admin” charges?

this must be an odd thing .........  I was thinking that the involvement of Royal Mail in my order from Amayama was simply the cost of dealing with the UK Govt admin ...  paperwork, i.e. putting the UK Govt fees etc paperwork together ..... I don't think there was involvement with Royal Mail in the courier side of things their specific fee was quite small

Maybe I was wrong ........... I'm sure the Govt can charge fees wherever it wishes and tell everybody they must be absorbed and cannot be passed on to anyone to pay ............ happens with card payment charges here in the UK ...  it's seemingly forbidden by law to pass them on to the user of the card / buyer ......  even tho' they are too collecting vat on those same payments whatever ( sorry I have a gripe about this specific issue with my business )

Anyone from Royal Mail here or the UK Govt that can offer an explanation before we ask for a Public Enquiry ? :wink3:

Malc

Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit like the new Covid rules Malc.

You can now go to the pub but not go inside. However if there is a gazebo or tent which is outside you can go inside it. If the gazebo is at the back of the pub you are allowed to enter the pub go through it and out of the back door in order to go outside to go inside the gazebo.

If you need to use the toilet and this is located inside you are allowed to go inside to use it but must return outside when finished. Once you have returned outside you are allowed to go inside the gazebo providing you came outside the same way as you went inside and not took a wrong turn and ended up at the front by mistake. If that should happen the paragraph above applies.

At some pubs you need to stand and wait outside and someone will escort you to suitable seating. This needs to be outside but could be located inside a gazebo or tent.

You are only allowed a maximum of 6 people at your allocated table whether it be outside or inside an outside gazebo, exceeding this figure could result both in cramped conditions or damage to the seating. If this happens you could be asked to leave the premises by going outside the gazebo going inside the pub and then back outside. If your house is not at the pub but a reasonable distance away from it you are allowed to walk home from there and go inside.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2021 at 10:44 AM, steve2006 said:

A bit like the new Covid rules Malc.

You can now go to the pub but not go inside. However if there is a gazebo or tent which is outside you can go inside it. If the gazebo is at the back of the pub you are allowed to enter the pub go through it and out of the back door in order to go outside to go inside the gazebo.

If you need to use the toilet and this is located inside you are allowed to go inside to use it but must return outside when finished. Once you have returned outside you are allowed to go inside the gazebo providing you came outside the same way as you went inside and not took a wrong turn and ended up at the front by mistake. If that should happen the paragraph above applies.

At some pubs you need to stand and wait outside and someone will escort you to suitable seating. This needs to be outside but could be located inside a gazebo or tent.

You are only allowed a maximum of 6 people at your allocated table whether it be outside or inside an outside gazebo, exceeding this figure could result both in cramped conditions or damage to the seating. If this happens you could be asked to leave the premises by going outside the gazebo going inside the pub and then back outside. If your house is not at the pub but a reasonable distance away from it you are allowed to walk home from there and go inside.

But what if the pub is in the middle of the Irish Sea and you're with a mobile home on the ferry??? Or am I getting mixed up with Brexit

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Or am I getting mixed up with Brexit

you're bang in the middle of Brexit there ..............  all beers drunk on the ferry will however be Duty Free :yahoo:

Malc

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Malc said:

you're bang in the middle of Brexit there ..............  all beers drunk on the ferry will however be Duty Free :yahoo:

Malc

Nearly correct Malc....the beers will be duty free but £7.00 a pint ...... you will also have to stand outside on the deck to drink it unless there is a gazebo on the deck whereupon you can go inside. If a table is provided in the outside gazebo and your drink slides off the table whilst inside you cannot claim a replacement or refund as this would mean going inside to do so.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Well not a good result with Amayama!

The thermostat “O” ring seal was in stock.

The thermostat was “ NLA” (No Longer Available) so cancelled.

The Idle Up Valve was OOS ( Out of Stock) but updated with an extended delivery time.

The idle Up Valve remained OOS.

The complete order has been cancelled and refunded.

No matter how good the prices if they don’t have live stock it’s of no use whatsoever.

Now repaired the valve and ordered the thermostat, seal and Toyota coolant from LPD.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership