Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bought my dream car

EddieCD

Hi All,

I have been reading the forum for a while as the Lexus LC500 has always been a dream car of mine even though I had never seen it in the flesh so to speak.  I decided to start looking a couple of weeks ago and booked a test drive in the hybrid that they have in Lexus Glasgow where the kindly gave me the keys for the afternoon.  As luck would have it a lovely V8 also appeared in Lexus Edinburgh which I decided to also test drive.  As I have been lurking on the forum for a while I immediately recognised the KSW1 registration and sent Kevin a message.  Kevin has been absolutely brilliant at answering any questions I had on the car and he has provided more information than I could reasonably expect so thanks you so much for that.

So having driven the hybrid on the Monday and the V8 on the Tuesday any notion I had about the hybrid was gone as the V8 is just so special and suits the car so much better.  I bought the car there and then and pick it up on the 24th April.

I will post some pics once it arrives, only 11 sleeps to go 🙂

Regards,

Eddie

• Like 11

Good to read your first post Eddie. Great name of the Topic...! Thanks for your comments about my help. I am sure that all the other LC 500 owners on the Forum, would have also helped influence you to buy a great car...

As you can read on the Forum, all Lexus's are great cars. But the flagship model is brilliant...!

I am sure you will enjoy it...

• Like 1

Wow, I've only been the new boy for five minutes and you've grabbed the honour. That's the trouble with LC 500s, you don't see any for ages then they all come along at once.

Congratulations on the purchase, Eddie. I'm sure you will enjoy your new car - it's more of assault on the senses than a form of transport.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don’t forget to get a couple of Lexus face masks Eddie.

My two came down from Scotland.

When you are out and about, and wearing a Lexus face mask, people will see you drive a great car…

I wear specs, and have found the spray below, stops my specs from steaming up…!

https://muc-off.com/products/anti-fog-treatment?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5cmkprb97wIVNYBQBh0gfAUJEAAYAiAAEgKoC_D_BwE

IMG_2383.jpg

Ah,the NC500. We hope to do that but have been warned that some roads are not LC500 friendly and this year there will be many people doing the same trip so hotels may be booked out.

A J.

Yes, this year will be very busy.  The sales guys at Lexus Edinburgh told me 4 of them did it with 2 in a V8 and 2 in a hybrid.  That is a very nice work jolly. 😀

38 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

I have watched a youtube of the NC500, and it does look good

Had quite a few trips around bonnie Scotland and the now NC500 encompasses much of that journeying ......  it's a wonderful experience in a Lexus of V8 quality ........ I would however guard against midge timing tho' and also note that of recent years the trips have been beset with overseas EU tourists .  cars, motorbikes and all .... and hotels B&Bs have been quite challenging ( we never pre-booked just taking a chance each night ! )  ....  not so much this year I guess , just substituted with UK trippers 

What I would advise is not to rush it all, just allow a couple of weeks as you'll go far off the NC500 beaten track

Enjoy

Malc

7 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

Are you getting it a day early...today...? Or is it still tomorrow Eddie...? I have watched a youtube of the NC500, and it does look good...!

Pick the car up on Sat 24th so only 5 sleeps to go, not that I’m counting 😀

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

Was the 24th a nice day for driving...!

Hi Kevin,

Picked the car up on Saturday and the weather was perfect all weekend so had a great time driving.  The car is an absolute pleasure to drive and is very comfortable.  I had read that the fuel economy was great for a V8 and I was pleased to see I achieved 34mpg coming back from Edinburgh pottering along at 70.  

The LC500 is a different beast to the GLA45 I had previously which was all about the turbos, the instant acceleration when in the higher revs is highly addictive not to mention the noise of the V8.  The climate concierge works very well which surprised me as I had convinced myself I wouldn’t like it.  

Regards,

Eddie

D8183147-1DE1-4FC0-A331-7A582AD2B8BE.jpeg

• Like 1