Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thanks for that there seems to be have been some confusion as to whether they are stick ons or had holes too,picture clearly shows holes 👍

Just another thought,could the wing in the picture above be the one for the old style wing indicators as the later ones had the side indicators incorporated into the wing mirror 🤔??

20210414_182324.jpg

Ok but wouldn't it be easier and probably more sensible to have no holes and just stick them on,why have specific f sport wings with holes and the advance and other variants with no holes 🤔 

Have emailed someone at lexus parts direct again to see if he can throw more light on the issue lol as he initially said they were stick ons,although he couldn't guarantee that without seeing one 😉 

2 hours ago, scudney said:

Ok but wouldn't it be easier and probably more sensible to have no holes and just stick them on,why have specific f sport wings with holes and the advance and other variants with no holes 🤔 

because Toyota are perfectionists and want the badges correctly aligned, and it saves time in production.

The burning 🔥 question still is are they definitely 100% stick ons plus 2 holes or just stick ons  on the face lifted f sport(2011 -13)🤔 

23 minutes ago, scudney said:

definitely 100% stick ons plus 2 holes

Definitely, as well I can confirm IS mk3 and RC has same thing:

Picture of LEXUS RC RC200T RC300H F 2015- FENDER (FRONT RIGHT)Picture of LEXUS RC RC200T RC300H F 2015- FENDER (FRONT RIGHT)

why would they change it just for 2011-13?

On a slightly related note, I asked the dealer if they could debadge my IS250 but was told that it would leave holes in the boot lid. Imagine my horror years later to discover that they had been economical with the truth with me and the IS250 boot lid was smooth. 

54 minutes ago, scudney said:

This is the reply I got back this morning 

20210415_130835.jpg

In that case why would there be a separate part code for an F Sport wing when they are the same as a standard one?

I've only found a report of someone purchasing these badges which was in the US where he mentions having to cut off the lugs to fit it on a non F Sport vehicle.

But the easiest way to answer is to remove your wheel arch lining and look behind, or heat up the badge and pull it off.