Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Orange F Calipers - What Colour?

Hi all,

I keep looking at the blue GSF for sale on AT, it makes me want to copy the calipers for my blue RCF. I think the two compliment each other well.

The topic has come up loads in US with no conclusion so wondered if anyone here in the UK has managed to find out the colour code for the orange calipers which are now down as an F Sport option across models and standard on a GSF...?

Thanks, Bill.

I am just wondering whenever precise colours matter for something like callipers. After less than 200 miles nobody will be able to tell if it is precisely OEM colour or any other shade orange. 

I think any bright orange colour would do. 

The orange on Lexus callipers aren't even very fancy, looks like simple gloss colour. Further you will have limitations on what is available from heat resistant paint types. Nowadays there are more choice than basic 5 colours, but still trying to match exact colour may not be technically possible without compromising with paint type. 

13 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Found this 2016 picture and to me it seems that Lexus has painted the car in the colour of the callipers. You may be satisfied. My colour picker tell colour is same.

Beautiful car.

Whereas I don't see the difference, the colour is not the same - car is metallic almost perl, callipers are simple gloss.

4 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Whereas I don't see the difference, the colour is not the same - car is metallic almost perl, callipers are simple gloss.

Same colour can be matte or gloss, used colour picker in Photoshop or Xara Designer Pro. If colour is pearl it has several colours in it and that I cannot see on the picture, it seems that only light is making the colour change different places on the body.

62 magenta and 98 - 100 yellow. No trace of either cyan or black except in shadows.

26 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

I vaguely remember asking a good family friend who is a Lexus tech and the LFA orange was 'recommended', cannot confirm if it is the OEM colour but perhaps a best match?

Ha so yes I am still tied between the 2x

Perhaps I will order a touch up for both, or even a small can for both colours and see how they dry on bit of scrap 

• Like 1

Are you sure you can get either of colour in heat resistant paint?

That would be far more relevant question for me than perfect colour match with colour which can only be compared on internet forum.

8 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Are you sure you can get either of colour in heat resistant paint?

That would be far more relevant question for me than perfect colour match with colour which can only be compared on internet forum.

No idea what can be made resisting heat, but sure the colour of the callipers can be made to paint the car if needed. If matte is wanted.

40 minutes ago, BillNick said:

I have been told by many painters that with the correct primer, lacquer and curing process, you can paint your brakes in any colour you like using standard car paint.

I can just say - good luck! Paint on callipers are already experiencing harsh conditions and even heat resistant paint tends to fail. Not sure what is the purpose to perfectly match the colour knowing that normal paint will simply discolorate from heat.

Big rat did the same to his a couple of years ago. Had  his local dealer do them for him. They cocked it up if I remember and replaced them for new FOC. I’m sure he’ll be along soon to confirm.

There’s been a number of threads over the years to discuss colour changes. Have a search and I’m sure you’ll find them.

ive use BCS near Nottingham before for my painting and refurbish my porsche callipers. Good service and quality is spot on. No peeling as they’re done properly.

59 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Not sure what is the purpose to perfectly match the colour knowing that normal paint will simply discolorate from heat.

Neither am I, but no problem in painting the car in the colour of the callipers if it is important to have same colour.

5 hours ago, BillNick said:

The topic has come up loads in US with no conclusion so wondered if anyone here in the UK has managed to find out the colour code for the orange calipers which are now down as an F Sport option across models and standard on a GSF...?

The problem is similar to wheels. They are supplied by the OEM pre-coloured; there are different part codes for the black and orange ones. Therefore because Toyota don't paint them, they don't have a colour code - they are just referred to as brembo orange.

• Like 1

@BillNick

Matey to answer your calliper colour question .....as someone mentioned my Rcf went to Lexus for a pad change and unfortunately the callipers were damaged so rather than just have them  refurbished in black I requested a colour change to brembo Yellow....to cut a long story short it just didn’t work it proved impossible to get the paint to adhere properly and the callipers were ruined.

Anyway they agreed to replace the whole lot for me with brand new + pads.

I was given the choice of black or Orange.....as I had researched that the GSF calliper is exactly the same as the RcF same part numbers and only the paint code differs.

So I went with the Orange....

And had the wheels in satin black at the same time......

So if you want to go that route less the wheel colour change it’s just short of £5k 😳

52D60A4D-4C5F-48A0-8EF3-436D20B32F47.thumb.jpeg.96ef28e979dfc7fbd3418b3c1cb844a3.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

The problem is similar to wheels. They are supplied by the OEM pre-coloured; there are different part codes for the black and orange ones. Therefore because Toyota don't paint them, they don't have a colour code - they are just referred to as Brembo orange.

Yeh thanks Colin, I suspected this was the case. Only someone high up in the Design Exec Team will know....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@BillNick

Matey to answer your calliper colour question .....as someone mentioned my Rcf went to Lexus for a pad change and unfortunately the callipers were damaged so rather than just have them  refurbished in black I requested a colour change to Brembo Yellow....to cut a long story short it just didn’t work it proved impossible to get the paint to adhere properly and the callipers were ruined.

Anyway they agreed to replace the whole lot for me with brand new + pads.

I was given the choice of black or Orange.....as I had researched that the GSF calliper is exactly the same as the RcF same part numbers and only the paint code differs.

So I went with the Orange....

And had the wheels in satin black at the same time......

So if you want to go that route less the wheel colour change it’s just short of £5k 😳

52D60A4D-4C5F-48A0-8EF3-436D20B32F47.thumb.jpeg.96ef28e979dfc7fbd3418b3c1cb844a3.jpeg

I’ve just been out and looked at these, there is no marking I can see which would help identifying a colour code.

As Colin mentioned, they will be supplied already enamelled, so the only people who can give a definitive paint code will be brembo themselves.

Thanks for taking the time to do that @Wood Butcher

There is a set for sale on eBay and I even tried doing the same by zooming into the pictures. Only brembo markings and the part no.

I emailed brembo yesterday. I think if I get a wishy washy answer from them, then I will just forget the idea.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Found this 2016 picture and to me it seems that Lexus has painted the car in the colour of the callipers. You may be satisfied. My colour picker tell colour is same.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/2016-Lexus-RC-F-Front-quarter.jpg

Beautiful car.

Hands down the sexiest colour.