Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Re-moveable tow bar for my NX300H .

9 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Check if the NX300h IS permitted to tow Simon.

https://www.gov.uk/towing-with-car

How on earth does your reply answer the question “anyone had a towbar fitted to their NX300H, preferably removable?”

There are times when you should just not answer if you have nothing to add. This was one of them I think. Sorry to call you out but some of your posts are ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

How on earth does your reply answer the question “anyone had a towbar fitted to their NX300H, preferably removable?”

There are times when you should just not answer if you have nothing to add. This was one of them I think. Sorry to call you out but some of your posts are ridiculous.

I enjoy your comments most of all Paul when you do not seem to wear  your BMW hat.

My question addresses the point that might arise if nobody were to respond to the O.P. and he subsequently were to have a tow bar fitted at considerable cost only to find that his vehicle is not permitted to tow, as is the case with some Hybrid vehicles.

In other words there is a question that should be asked before asking the second question.

Good morning, I took ownership of my NX 300h F Sport back in September last year.

I debated about having a tow bar fitted as I have a "tip" trailer & caravan. (Have something else with a tow bar).

However, a few weeks ago started looking into it properley.

The only aftermarket one I could find was a Steinhof, seems ok, but only utilises some of the fitting points.

Nobody in my area would touch it! I found a company in Edinburgh, who had only done one before, and was "estimating" £1,100.

So I bit the bullet and had the OEM bar with 7 pin electrics fully fitted by Border Lexus for £1,200 with warranty etc intact.

A very neat job and no rattles etc after removing and refitting a fair amount of body & trim.

In summary its a choice of two with negligible finacial difference, aftermarket v OEM.

Hope this helps.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, paulrnx said:

You should apologise to John for your post Paul... Your post is incorrect...

In the very near future, there will be a post on the LC 500 Topics, which will mention how John has been very helpful, with a very serious problem that an owner of a Brand New LC 500 has had...

I have been involved with the PM's, between both John, and the owner of the Brand New LC 500.

Having been a successful businessman... and employed various Consultants and Lawyers. I am very aware of John's ability to help Forum members... and so is the owner of the Brand New LC 500...

• Like 2

On 4/15/2021 at 2:11 PM, Kevin Williams said:

You should apologise to John for your post Paul... Your post is incorrect...

In the very near future, there will be a post on the LC 500 Topics, which will mention how John has been very helpful, with a very serious problem that an owner of a Brand New LC 500 has had...

I have been involved with the PM's, between both John, and the owner of the Brand New LC 500.

Having been a successful businessman... and employed various Consultants and Lawyers. I am very aware of John's ability to help Forum members... and so is the owner of the Brand New LC 500...

No apology from me. I know John is helpful and knowledgeable. It stands out. Not always the case though. My reply was in direct response to John’s post to this OP. Your response is to something completely different. How can the two be the same? I’ve seen loads of brilliant posts from John but his reply to this OP was a long way from that.

On 4/15/2021 at 9:14 AM, royoftherovers said:

I enjoy your comments most of all Paul when you do not seem to wear  your BMW hat.

My question addresses the point that might arise if nobody were to respond to the O.P. and he subsequently were to have a tow bar fitted at considerable cost only to find that his vehicle is not permitted to tow, as is the case with some Hybrid vehicles.

In other words there is a question that should be asked before asking the second question.

There are plenty of threads on here about fitting a towbar to an NX John. It’s also been tested in towcar awards. Lexus will fit one too. I thought your response to the OP was a tad condescending and rather unhelpful. Sorry if you didn’t like my reply. I doubt the OP liked your response equally as much mind.

• Like 2