Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The description says that there is a light on the dashboard saying "check hybrid system". Even if they say that it drives perfectly I would prefer to know what it refers to.

First I would check what that light is about, secondly I would ask for a full Lexus service history with all the stamps proving that the mileage is genuine.  

Not sure that low miles is the be all and end all.

If that car had 100k miles and an unresolved check hybrid light I would think it worth £2500 max.

Engine is fine, unstressed V6 good for many miles. Age is going to be the main thing that dictates price.

Unless you know what the fault is you might end up paying £9000 for the car in the end.

To accept the unknown hybrid problem I would want it at a lower price. That is just me.

24 minutes ago, b4u2 said:

@Mossypossy

What are you trying to say?

He's trying to say that you may end up forking out 2k for a new Battery.

Mine had the same light and drove absolutely fine for the first month, then it started randomly cutting out.

It could even be worse than that if its the invertor. However a simple check with a OBD reader would give you
a lot of information on what is wrong.

Like others have said - its not just about miles. Almost all mechanical aspects of the car degrades over time - thats why you get advised to replace things at X miles or X years whichever comes first. Batteries also degrade over time and actually can get worse if they're not used than they would have been if in regular use.

Its also supposedly from a dealership with 0 reviews and a non existent location?

I would say leave alone

We all know low mileage older lexus cars are rare and what do normally delaers do when one comes along - they exort as much money out of you as possible - we've seen it so many times with LS400s. Why has the dealer not had this checked out a rectified? my gut feeling is its the hybrid Battery which has suffered due to the low mileage.