Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The description says that there is a light on the dashboard saying "check hybrid system". Even if they say that it drives perfectly I would prefer to know what it refers to.

Engine is fine, unstressed V6 good for many miles. Age is going to be the main thing that dictates price.

Unless you know what the fault is you might end up paying £9000 for the car in the end.

To accept the unknown hybrid problem I would want it at a lower price. That is just me.

24 minutes ago, b4u2 said:

@Mossypossy

What are you trying to say?

He's trying to say that you may end up forking out 2k for a new Battery.

Mine had the same light and drove absolutely fine for the first month, then it started randomly cutting out.

It could even be worse than that if its the invertor. However a simple check with a OBD reader would give you
a lot of information on what is wrong.

Like others have said - its not just about miles. Almost all mechanical aspects of the car degrades over time - thats why you get advised to replace things at X miles or X years whichever comes first. Batteries also degrade over time and actually can get worse if they're not used than they would have been if in regular use.

Its also supposedly from a dealership with 0 reviews and a non existent location?

I would say leave alone

We all know low mileage older lexus cars are rare and what do normally delaers do when one comes along - they exort as much money out of you as possible - we've seen it so many times with LS400s. Why has the dealer not had this checked out a rectified? my gut feeling is its the hybrid Battery which has suffered due to the low mileage.

• 1 year later...

Hi all, found my GS for sale, already! I just sold it in August, for less that £13k and now the seller wants more that £15k! Good luck to a seller!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202211051410767?radius=1500&price-to=22500&sort=price-desc&postcode=ka33fh&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Lexus&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&model=GS 450h&include-delivery-option=on&page=1&percentVehiclePriceDeposit=true

I couldn't find my original post for sale so joint this one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

Hi all, found my GS for sale, already! I just sold it in August, for less that £13k and now the seller wants more that £15k! Good luck to a seller!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202211051410767?radius=1500&price-to=22500&sort=price-desc&postcode=ka33fh&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Lexus&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&model=GS 450h&include-delivery-option=on&page=1&percentVehiclePriceDeposit=true

Morning Vlad,

Sad to see it moved on so quickly.I presume you sold it to someone not far from you and he sold it to a Trader who is in Tooting. It looks like a private sale but it smells all over to me to be being sold by a  Trader for a fast profit. Ah well, not your problem anymore!

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Morning Vlad,

Sad to see it moved on so quickly.I presume you sold it to someone not far from you and he sold it to a Trader who is in Tooting. It looks like a private sale but it smells all over to me to be being sold by a  Trader for a fast profit. Ah well, not your problem anymore!

Hi John, I sold it to a gentlemen from Manchester, I have no idea why he is selling it, as he says in his advert it is a reluctant sale, what ever that means and he says the car is in excellent condition so who knows what the real reason is, advert also says it is a Private sale, but description/photos is poor in Autotrader, not sure how much interest it will attract. I doubt they/he will get what he is asking for it but he might find a buyer even if takes time, not many cars like that with that mileage around UK.

Might be cost of living has got the better of him?

I am even considering moving the Stinger on as my mortgage rate and energy usage will mean a massive increase in my bills come April ☹️

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2022 at 11:13 AM, Vlady said:

The price gradually goes down, still much more for what I have sold it for. Good car though.

• 11 months later...

My old Lexus is back on sale on Autotrader, it is not me who is selling it. I sold it last year, June, then it was re-sold again in November, I added some link above for that at that time. Now it is back on with added AppleCarPlay.

The price is higher compared to what I sold it for 1.5 years ago!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links