Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HI from Scotland

Scottydug

Hi Thanks for the add to the LOC

Been proud owner now of a GS250 F Sport in black now for about a month... Had my eye on getting one for a wee while now and eventually pounced on a keeper of a one..  Full Lexus Service History and only 37k miles...

Researched them a while beforehand and it ticked all my boxes.. Yes, they're a bit o a niche car and only were around 2012 and 2013. I guess diesel was king in that era and anyone loyal to the brand probably held out for the GS450h. I had a tad too much Hybrid anxiety at that age of car and coupled with the CVT and smaller boot went for the GS250 instead.. Nice car and the keeper and motorway cruiser I'd been after some time.. Hope the club has some meets to go to once the Covid dies down..  Be good to have a beer or 10 with like minded people...

Scotty 

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

It sounds like you’ve got yourself a prime example, low mileage is one thing, low ownership another but rarely combined.

You’re right about the 450h boot space, only a couple of sets of golf clubs went in on the launch night.

Used to work up your way contract to SSE from Perth depot, always stayed at the hotel between the railway and bus stations.

• Like 1

Hi Scotty and welcome to Lexus ownership and the best Lexus forum there is. You've found a fabulous car and that you're happy with it. Yes you'll have to post some pics of it as we Lexus owners like to see each others cars. I'm personally intrigued by how the car goes. I have the is250 so we have the same engine but with your car being bigger and heavier I wonder if that hampers performance much. Please do let me know. Happy motoring 👍

• Like 1

As regards meets, there was one planned for Gaydon quite a time ago but has had to be deferred due to the pandemic.  I hope this can be rescheduled as it's a great venue with additional advantage of experiencing the off road course (but not for Lexus cars lol) and viewing many mainly British cars in the Museum.  I had very enjoyable day there some years ago with a BMW club.  Another good venue I would recommend to the club is Brooklands where they have some historic cars, aircraft and motor cycles, with the adjacent Mercedes museum, skid pan and short course.  Generally speaking, unless more individual model owners arrange meets, there does not appear to be very many all model meets arranged for Lexus owners.  

• Like 1

Hi peeps

Thanks for the welcome... An absolute keeper of a car as you can see... 1st Owner was Lexus Guildford, till 1 year old then a Mr Patel who has cared for perfectly and full LSH at Lexus Twickenham.. Once I talked myself into accepting a black car I then found her... Has had a factory privacy pack hence the extra tint in rear windows and rear decal removal.. Lovely thing to drive,  lovely on motorway and 2 cars in one with sport plus mode , TBH I didn't get a Lexus to go revving it's head off....Just floats along... It's everything I wanted... Hope to use it as initially intended and be a Euro Trip car , like minded friends who are up for the trip and get somewhere in Europe,  have a good few bevvy's then meander home.... Again, thanks for the welcome..

Screenshot_20210417-203808_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210417-203753_Gallery.jpg

23 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Scotty and welcome to Lexus ownership and the best Lexus forum there is. You've found a fabulous car and that you're happy with it. Yes you'll have to post some pics of it as we Lexus owners like to see each others cars. I'm personally intrigued by how the car goes. I have the is250 so we have the same engine but with your car being bigger and heavier I wonder if that hampers performance much. Please do let me know. Happy motoring 👍

Hi Mr Vlad.. 

Car goes just fine, eco mode gives lazy throttle response hence the feeling of just being lazy with it around town.... Normal mode removes that lazy throttle response and I mostly drive around with that setting... Sport mode sharpen's the throttle response and gives quicker shifting through the gears... Sport plus adds adaptive stiffer damping and quicker steering feel also... It can be hussled along quite well then, especially in manual with the gear stick or the paddles...A lovely rev blip n downshifts too when driven hard... F Sport also has better front brake cooling... It's a big car though so don't think I'll be doing any o that too often.. Apart from that it's a lovely car to drive and has a lovely induction roar when pushed through the VTEC rev band , F Sport has a flap within the air intake giving out this nice feature... As far as how it goes compared to an IS250 I can't comment.. It's not a slow car at 200 odd hp but it's not exhilarating either... It's a motorway cruiser for me and already can get 40mpg on a run... That's mostly doing 65mph though which feels real slow with the level of refinement... Hope this helps a bit to what you were asking...

Scotty.