Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Please can someone tell me what this is

Driver’s side contains the “EMV(Electronic Multi Vision) and Navigation system HDD”

So the lady that talks to you occasionally lives in there, the one that talks all the time lives in your house. 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Johnlex said:

I was hoping it was the mark Levison amplifier and I could connect onto it to add a boom box in my boot

if the location of the LS430 amplifier is anything to go by then it would be found inside the side of the boot (c pillar)

5 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Driver’s side contains the “EMV(Electronic Multi Vision) and Navigation system HDD”

So the lady that talks to you occasionally lives in there, the one that talks all the time lives in your house. 😀

.....what about the one that natters on inside my head?

4 hours ago, Johnlex said:

I was hoping it was the mark Levison amplifier and I could connect onto it to add a boom box in my boot

2 hours ago, Johnlex said:

@cruisermark Do you have a picture of what I’m looking for  ?

will it be in my Lexus IS 250c considering I don’t have a mark Levison system just the standard one

Am I reading this correctly? You're looking for the ML amp in your car even though it doesn't have an ML system?

7 hours ago, Johnlex said:

Cleaning my Lexus IS 250c took everything from the boot and found this electronic unit but I’m not sure why this is. Please see picture and tell me ?

It's the audio system amp. Obviously not an ML one if you don't have an ML system. Probably made by Pioneer.

How does your cars sound system sound? The easiest way to introduce a subwoofer (a powered one) is to splice into a pos and a neg speaker wire as your inputs. Find the power on lead on the existing amp (not the 12v one but the one which switches the amp on when the radio is turned on). Ideally get your 12v power from the Battery. Depending on which powered sub you get you can wire the speaker wires directly into the amp of the sub or you may have to get one of those little gizmos that translate the speaker lead into an input lead ( hope I'm making sense but I'm forgetting what things are called). 

Considering the size of the boot I strongly recommend the Alpine SW 815. It's small but ruddy MIGHTY. Had one in my mondeo and that system I had in that car blows any ML into the cosmos.