Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

17 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

The Ls400 was not fitted with gas struts to the boot.

I respectfully disagree!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CDQ1LBGnP3FDmwCD8

The one on the right is the one with the red sticker I removed from the offside of my boot today, the one on the left is some chinese tat that was guaranteed to fit and didn't. And they are a pain to change but seem a bigger pain to source. Regas might be an option??

15 hours ago, Davey Blueeyes said:

I respectfully disagree!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CDQ1LBGnP3FDmwCD8

The one on the right is the one with the red sticker I removed from the offside of my boot today, the one on the left is some chinese tat that was guaranteed to fit and didn't. And they are a pain to change but seem a bigger pain to source. Regas might be an option??

I respectfully concur I felt sure that the Mark one I dismantled had twisted springs but having checked you are correct. there is a video on Utube showing the change procedure dated 2020.

2 hours ago, ambermarine said:

I respectfully concur I felt sure that the Mark one I dismantled had twisted springs but having checked you are correct. there is a video on Utube showing the change procedure dated 2020.

I changed some on my first LS400, probably 12 years ago now and it's a pain to do but not impossible. I remember getting in the boot  to make it easier!

Sadly SGS don't have any rear ones listed for the 400 boot but I wonder if they could either regas them or knock them up to fit. I'm sure they would sell a few if they made some to fit, Amayama are quoting about £97 from Japan (but it's not clear if thats for one or the pair) or you can get a pair for about £80 delivered from a US manufacturer but you'll still have VAT and import duty to pay on top. I'll pop them an email and see what they can do.

I haven't seen a LS400 without a flaccid boot for years, I want to put that 'swoosh' noise back in as you open it!

Original part number was 64530-50011, now delisted