Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 300h 1st impressions

After 4 years of driving a Toyota Auris hybrid, I have just upgraded to an IS 300h. 20 plate ex-demonstrator, Premier spec in Sonic Titanium.

Just been for my first proper drive, out from Twickenham to the Surrrey Hills and back.

Really impressed with the car. Feels a lot more powerful than the Auris, particularly up hills. The car seems to glide much better than the Auris. In terms of cars I have had in the past it feels like a combination of a Saab 9000 and a Mercedes 190. Mostly quiet country roads so nothing over 50mph today.

Averaged 57mpg so very happy. I was expecting the fuel economy to be much lower than the Auris. My typical mpg pootling around locally with the Toyota hybrid would range from 55-65mpg. In my local area most of the roads have a 20mph limit, so it lends itself to EV mode.

Very quiet and comfortable. The controls seem familiar with many similarities to the Toyota set up. Much prefer the joystick controls for the multimedia screen over the Auris touchscreen.

• Like 2

Glad you like it, I bough mine a couple of months ago & love it.

I find the car so easy to drive & I really like the CVT gearbox, coming from a manual I was surprised.

Don't forget some pictures.👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links