Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any ISFs for sale?

Mine is sort of for sale, its listed on here only.

I was selling it to fund a house move but the stamp duty extension has meant thats no longer needed.

I could still be persuaded to part with it, as I think a labrador wont have much fun in the boot, or plan B is a shed esq dog mover.

1 hour ago, mr_s81 said:

Out of budget for me currently. I know there are a couple on ebay, but unfortunately I think I'm too tall for the sunroof model (I'm 6ft).

Thanks.

i am 6" 2' and not even close to the roof

From what I understand, the headroom on the sunroof model is 37.3inches and 39inches on the non-sunroof variant. I've read varying opinions online. I know the majority in the states have the moonroof. Some say they are 6 foot plus and manage ok, others say they were 5'9 or 10 and wouldn't want it any smaller.

It's really hard to know. Unfortunately there are no sunroof IS models available locally for me to try for size!

4 minutes ago, mr_s81 said:

From what I understand, the headroom on the sunroof model is 37.3inches and 39inches on the non-sunroof variant. I've read varying opinions online. I know the majority in the states have the moonroof. Some say they are 6 foot plus and manage ok, others say they were 5'9 or 10 and wouldn't want it any smaller.

It's really hard to know. Unfortunately there are no sunroof IS models available locally for me to try for size!

i am confused, you are concerned about the height in a sunroof car, but want a sunroof car?

1 minute ago, Twellsie said:

i am confused, you are concerned about the height in a sunroof car, but want a sunroof car?

It's quite simple. A potential option has come up, but it's a sunroof model. I'm concerned that I will be too tall to fit comfortably. I'm in NI and this car is on the mainland, so it isn't a case of jumping in my car to go and look at it!

Overall height of course masks the leg to body ratio. I'm 6ft 4.5 in and comfortably drove a (no sunroof) IS-F for 5 years. I think my legs are mostly responsible for my elongated shape.

Is there a non-F IS250 or 250D with a sunroof in NI that you could try out? The seats are different, but I drove an IS220D for many thousands of miles and the interior space felt the same as the IS-F

Thanks @MNMJ. I think my height is mostly in my back rather than my legs. If you managed an ISF a non-sunroof ISF for 5 years at your height I'd be pretty confident I'll be fine!

I've been looking the local classifieds on and off for local IS models with a sunroof, but they are very few and far between it seems. I'll just continue to keep checking and see if something turns up. It's going to be the only way to know. I'd be happier to find one in a dealer forecourt to have a sit in, as I'd be reluctant to waste a private buyer's time in truth when I'd no interest in buying the car (unless it was an ISF of course!)

I've got a sunroof variant and I'm 6ft no issues with headroom whatsoever. Around 3 inches additional above my head. You could get a rough idea if you sat in a car and measured from as close to your hip point as possible 37.3 inches up. 

Now that's interesting @SPISF, thanks for that! I know it depends on how an individual is proportioned and how they like to set their seat, but 3 inches extra height sounds more than ample.

I must get seated in the RX400h after work and break out the measuring tape!