Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rc300h remap

Anyone had a remap on rc300h,  just interested in better throttle response, I have seen engine & gearbox ecu remap on line just wondering if anyone had had it done and their thoughts.  Cheers 

2016 black with rose 

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to think it is either impossible, or pointless.

RC200t gearbox could be remapped to remove initial hesitation, but RC300h has eCVT - there are no gears and nothing really remap.

As Luigi said - changing it to Sport+ is pretty much as much as you could do with response... and to be fair RC300h is quite good as far as response goes, because of the electric motor, but the gearchanges themselves always going to be kind of "vague"... again simply because it is eCTV and there are no such thing as gears, just imaginary ratios. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hondansxr said:

This is absolute and total nonsense - it is impossible. As per post above - they just put generic text and all car models +10-20% hp claims, because they could not bother uploading the results one by one for each model.

In best case scenario when you enquire they going to say "sorry, we can't actually do RC300h", but likely they just going to take advantage of you being naive (believing that NA car can be tuned) and just rip you off. 

Just to be very clear, RC300h cannot be chiptunned - stop looking for it!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

The engine is 2.5L turbo so even on a modest 100BHP per litre, thats 250BHP + the 40 odd electric,  in std spec the engine does 177 as it is very detuned.  Very soft cam for fuel efficiency, but surely someone has worked out a way to increase the boost pressure, it would (assuming the eCVT box could handle it) make it way more fun to drive.  The push back I have always heard is ECU not possible to hack and the reason they say......if that the balance is finely programmed for transition between the engine dropping in and cutting out, change this significantly and you will have noticeable changes , like an unwanted gear change....  Shame as I think 290BHP the car would handle a dream and also be FAB to drive....

• Confused 1