Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All, 

Thanks in advance for your feed back, input, suggestions and expletives. I am looking to buy first Lexus and would like some help. The model I'm looking at is the IS250 as I feel this will best cater for my needs.  I have budget of £3k so have been looking at 2005 - 2007 online but would like some guidance as to the 'red flags' i should be looking out for. 

I cannot see a selling page on the forum but if there is one could someone please direct me to it.

Thanks again and warm regards.

Vik

15 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Hi Vik and welcome to the LOC.

Cars for sale on the link below

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum/116-lexus-cars-for-sale/

Only advice I can offer is don’t buy the diesel model.

Check this link out also

Hi Steve - Thanks a lot, I am looking for a Petrol Auto this so this helps.

Regards

Vik

On 4/20/2021 at 6:59 PM, Goodspiritsuk said:

Hi All, 

Thanks in advance for your feed back, input, suggestions and expletives. I am looking to buy first Lexus and would like some help. The model I'm looking at is the IS250 as I feel this will best cater for my needs.  I have budget of £3k so have been looking at 2005 - 2007 online but would like some guidance as to the 'red flags' i should be looking out for. 

I cannot see a selling page on the forum but if there is one could someone please direct me to it.

Thanks again and warm regards.

Vik

Hi bud and welcome to the forum, you will want to ideally go for a top trim level such as SE-L as that will come with the most toys and retain its value the most. Sunroofs are also only available for SE-L's so see if you can spot one of those as they're well worth it! The SE'L's comes with a NAVI and non NAVI option which only has parking sensors but try and go for the NAVI as that benefits from reverse camera, and usually a Mark Levinson stereo which is the best sounding I've heard in a car for a while as well as a fairly decent touch screen. 

F Sport is a good option also but the ride is firmer with a sport suspension and you have bigger wheels so its down to whether you want comfort / a sportier ride. Don't let high miles necessarily put you off, just ensure its got full service history and maintenance records. I picked up a high mileage 2010 F Sport with 135k miles and no issues to report so far in my ownership. 

Hopefully you're able to find something decent around that budget but it may be worth increasing it if the right car comes along!

All the Best

Bill

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links