Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pre-delivery inspection UX250h what does it consist of?

According to my service booklet there is a pre-delivery inspection the dealer does before the vehicle gets handed over to the buyer.  

Does anybody have a list of what is all being checked in this pre-delivery inspection?  Or knows where to find this?  

Thanks.

On 4/21/2021 at 7:31 AM, ChangeAgent said:

According to my service booklet there is a pre-delivery inspection the dealer does before the vehicle gets handed over to the buyer.  

Does anybody have a list of what is all being checked in this pre-delivery inspection?  Or knows where to find this?  

Thanks.

Do you mind if I ask why you wanted to know please? Just curious that’s all.

7 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Do you mind if I ask why you wanted to know please? Just curious that’s all.

you may indeed.  that section in my service booklet is not signed by the dealer.  hence I suspect it did not happen.  and since the vehicle is displaying some rust underneath i want to prepare a statement to the dealer proving he should have noted this and reported it, and hence did not do his job. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChangeAgent said:

you may indeed.  that section in my service booklet is not signed by the dealer.  hence I suspect it did not happen.  and since the vehicle is displaying some rust underneath i want to prepare a statement to the dealer proving he should have noted this and reported it, and hence did not do his job. 

Cool thanks. Understood.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

This is for the RC300h but I imagine it will be similar for most cars..

RC300H PDS instructions.pdf 890.94 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks for that!  Also good info about the auxiliary Battery and storage.  I did not know this.  And I am sometimes more than 30 days out of the country (and maybe again depending on Covid).

I hope the info for the 250 is the same.  or maybe a good soul has one.

BTW do you know if the pre-deliver info (and service stuf) is stored somewhere central (digitally) and if one has access to that?  And if so how? 

On 6/27/2021 at 4:53 PM, ChangeAgent said:

Thanks for that!  Also good info about the auxiliary battery and storage.  I did not know this.  And I am sometimes more than 30 days out of the country (and maybe again depending on Covid).

I hope the info for the 250 is the same.  or maybe a good soul has one.

BTW do you know if the pre-deliver info (and service stuf) is stored somewhere central (digitally) and if one has access to that?  And if so how? 

The service history of your car should be visible if you go to Lexus.co.uk and log in. Then go to ‘My Vehicles’ / Vehicle Information / Service History.

For my NX it shows everything, including the fitting of accessories. There are two entries under ‘vehicle delivery’ for mine but it doesn’t actually detail what was done and doesn’t refer to the PDI. That is stamped in the service book though, as it should be for your UX.

7 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

The service history of your car should be visible if you go to Lexus.co.uk and log in. Then go to ‘My Vehicles’ / Vehicle Information / Service History.

For my NX it shows everything, including the fitting of accessories. There are two entries under ‘vehicle delivery’ for mine but it doesn’t actually detail what was done and doesn’t refer to the PDI. That is stamped in the service book though, as it should be for your UX.

OK will need to register first I suppose.  Will look into this later. 

As so many things have gone and are going wrong here (was stopped in a roadside control last night and told my headlights are all over the place.  Was at the Automobile Club this morning and this was confirmed as being set to blind the world and not being able to light-up roadsigns) so I am thinking of complaining to Lexus Importer.  Does anybody have any experience with this? 

14 minutes ago, ChangeAgent said:

OK will need to register first I suppose.  Will look into this later. 

As so many things have gone and are going wrong here (was stopped in a roadside control last night and told my headlights are all over the place.  Was at the Automobile Club this morning and this was confirmed as being set to blind the world and not being able to light-up roadsigns) so I am thinking of complaining to Lexus Importer.  Does anybody have any experience with this? 

Personally I’d express my concerns to the supplying dealer first, and give them a chance to a) apologise and b) correct their poor service.

I doubt Lexus UK Customer Service would want to get involved if the dealer hasn’t had a chance to investigate and rectify first, but I could be wrong.

59 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Personally I’d express my concerns to the supplying dealer first, and give them a chance to a) apologise and b) correct their poor service.

I doubt Lexus UK Customer Service would want to get involved if the dealer hasn’t had a chance to investigate and rectify first, but I could be wrong.

Logical, he has been written to twice and has not responded.  followed up with a call and was promised a call-back.  still waiting a week later.  

13 minutes ago, ChangeAgent said:

Logical, he has been written to twice and has not responded.  followed up with a call and was promised a call-back.  still waiting a week later.  

In which case absolutely call Lexus Customer Service! That’s very poor indeed. Good luck 🤞 

4 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

In which case absolutely call Lexus Customer Service! That’s very poor indeed. Good luck 🤞 

This Thread has been running since April21 and the  originator EJ (CHANGE AGENT) needs to take your advice pronto.

Whatever case he had is in grave danger of having been lost already.

21 minutes ago, ChangeAgent said:

Interesting conversational trail, but tell me was your car brand new or an imported one registered last year? 

31 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

This Thread has been running since April21 and the  originator EJ (CHANGE AGENT) needs to take your advice pronto.

Whatever case he had is in grave danger of having been lost already.

why would it be lost?

12 minutes ago, ChangeAgent said:

why would it be lost?

Not sure why anything is lost John, it's a brand new 2020 UX therefore well inside warranty but I don't think that's the issue. Bearing in mind we're commenting from a distance I cannot for one moment think anyone spending this kind of money considers one iota of rust to be acceptable let alone the PDI issue. Personally, I would put in writing your concerns to the dealer and what you expect them to do and by when. Failing that you will return the vehicle and expect to be returned to the same financial position you were in before the transaction. I would also ensure that a copy is sent to Ewan Shepherd at Lexus HQ. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChangeAgent said:

This could be simply a setting in the cluster menus, setting the headlamps for Continental driving i.e. driving on the right? Maybe someone has had a play around and accidentally change it? 

I'm curious about the "Lexus importer". Did you not buy the vehicle through a UK Lexus dealer? In which case the 'import' isn't actually an 'import' in usual sense of the term, where one purchases a car from a dealer outside the UK and arrange delivery to the UK. I take it you are in the UK?

The first link I posted is the official Lexus EU technical document repository and one has to register and pay to access the detailed information, (well worth the few euros it costs IMHO) lots of detailed info on your specific model, as one enters the vehicles VIN. I think you'd be well advised to explore!

22 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Not sure why anything is lost John, it's a brand new 2020 UX therefore well inside warranty but I don't think that's the issue. Bearing in mind we're commenting from a distance I cannot for one moment think anyone spending this kind of money considers one iota of rust to be acceptable let alone the PDI issue. Personally, I would put in writing your concerns to the dealer and what you expect them to do and by when. Failing that you will return the vehicle and expect to be returned to the same financial position you were in before the transaction. I would also ensure that a copy is sent to Ewan Shepherd at Lexus HQ. 

Take your point Phil. I`m currently in SW Scotland and shouldn`t be dipping in and out of Threads.

..The greater the amount of time that passes the more difficult it will be for the O.P. to convince the Dealer that any concern he has was present at handover.

Likewise the greater the opportunity for the Dealer to apportion responsibility/blame to the O.P.

Now, back to my holiday😉