Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking at buying my partner a Lexus from the RX range for a towing vehicle. She is towing livestock (horse) - horse is about 700kg and trailer will be about 1,000kg. Does anybody have any experience towing livestock with Lexus RX range and is it recommended? The vehicle will probably only be used for towing and it will be used around 8/10 times a year (will be used a couple of times a month to keep it running adequately etc). 

I was looking at the RX300 or the RX350. Any suggestions? 

thanks

I have an RX300 (2004). I towed my caravan recently (1300kg) and I regularly tow a twin axle box trailer. It copes without a problem. Averages 17-18mpg when towing the caravan. I'm very pleased with it, though I'm considering an RX400h for a bit more power and a bit more mpg.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alexander-Lexus said:

Looking at buying my partner a Lexus from the RX range for a towing vehicle. She is towing livestock (horse) - horse is about 700kg and trailer will be about 1,000kg. Does anybody have any experience towing livestock with Lexus RX range and is it recommended? The vehicle will probably only be used for towing and it will be used around 8/10 times a year (will be used a couple of times a month to keep it running adequately etc). 

I was looking at the RX300 or the RX350. Any suggestions? 

thanks

It depends on what your budget is.

If it is enough or an RX400h or even an RX450h then you will probably find you want to use it more than just the 8 to 10 times a year.

The RX450h is the only car I have owned in 40 years that I have gone from one car to another of the same make/ model (updated)

• Like 1

I towed 1650 kg fine with a 4th generation RX450h. My car came from factory fitted with a towbar, I understand doing this afterwards can be a bit pricey. 

Personally if you are using this car mainly for towing, I would go for a turbo diesel, as it has better torque than petrol. We don't so the V6 hybrid works fine for us.