Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking at RCFs and coming back to the Lexus marque

Morning gents,

It's been a while but I am contemplating make a return to Lexus (and this great forum).

A change in circumstances means I am eyeing up an RCF, this one in fact: 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202104071082284

I don't suppose this was previously owned by someone on here? 

It's one private owner after being a dealer demonstrator. It's looks good and the conversations with Edinburgh Lexus have been positive. They are asking a lot of money, but I intend to view the car soon, so we'll see what the situation is.

Any other comments welcome.

Cheers

n

• Like 1

Hey Paul, good to hear from you. Hope you are keeping well?

That's some reassuring detective work, thank you. I knew there was a reason I liked this place 😀

The car looks legit, with everything in order -history wise- as far as I can tell. I just need to see it now.

I see you've moved on from your RCF, shame because I quite enjoyed your journey with it. It's early days, but I do like the look/sound of the QS exhaust you had 😉

• Like 1

Is it just the lighting or is the driver's door a different colour? Check VIN stickers are on the door. Non-Lexus body shops often don't bother to replace the VIN sticker after respray.

4 hours ago, Thackeray said:

Is it just the lighting or is the driver's door a different colour? Check VIN stickers are on the door. Non-Lexus body shops often don't bother to replace the VIN sticker after respray.

I don't think it's a different colour, I think its the background reflection. However good point about the VIN sticker, I will check this out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PhoeNicks said:

Hey Paul, good to hear from you. Hope you are keeping well?

That's some reassuring detective work, thank you. I knew there was a reason I liked this place 😀

The car looks legit, with everything in order -history wise- as far as I can tell. I just need to see it now.

I see you've moved on from your RCF, shame because I quite enjoyed your journey with it. It's early days, but I do like the look/sound of the QS exhaust you had 😉

@PhoeNicks

I’m good Nick thanks hope you and yours are as well, yes life has moved on ..... divorced ......moved 3 times since we last spoke....must stop buying and renovating wrecked houses 😂

That car does look good must be worth a look.....but you know what that means......😍

An exhaust is a must from the get go 👍

I shall watch with interest to see if you go for the car .....

🐀

@Big Rat

Thanks Paul, yes all good here thanks. Indeed, I've become a Dad since we last spoke, so big changes all round. Sorry to hear of your woes, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger... right?

Well I have a deposit down now and my current car to sell, so busy times ahead. I think I have a similar problem to you, except mine is cars, not houses 😂

Will keep you posted!

• Like 3

Off to see the car today and take it for a test drive. Did some digging and the car’s previous plate was BA55ROK.

I don’t suppose anyone on here @Big Rat recognises it? 

Just wanted to check it didn’t belong to a Youtuber who put it in a field or something similar previously 😁

• Like 1

@Big Rat

Hi Paul, no worries. Was a bit of a disappointment really. It drove perfectly, but upon closer inspection the bodywork wasn’t 100% - scratches on a few panels and a couple of bad chips in the roof that had rusted. If I’d had bought it, I would have needed to respray the roof minimum but then where do you stop?

Last thing I wanted was to buy a car just to repaint half of it. My car is the same age, but another 6k miles and save for 2 tiny stone chips on the front end, there isn’t a mark on the whole car. I think I’d sooner wait a bit and then buy a new one, but that price opens up the choices somewhat.

So it’s back to the drawing board 😞

• Like 1

@PhoeNicks

Couldnt agree more it’s all about condition.....it’s the window to the past ownership IMO.....there will always be another... my new partner has always been a performance Audi Girl 😉

Been looking for a well cared for Audi S5 Convertible for her .....and she’s picking this up tomorrow from the only second hand dealer I’m prepared to buy from......

🐀E21D5878-3EF5-4ABB-B7FA-6192D6AA5A0C.thumb.png.5044971431b7090c54e5070e140d3a4f.png2902BD63-205C-4467-8AF7-88FFCD2541F9.thumb.png.be6fa4f5be795d28e80844fde1f36e49.pngC37F5A09-76FF-4755-A620-824BC6B75260.thumb.png.55384bf750e4173737cde708ab9622ee.pngAF7938A5-16E3-4A44-B686-AF7A29630D67.thumb.png.4cd5e00f208a80c9cd605bc991eb316f.png

• Like 2

@Big Rat

Looks a fine car.  I have a soft spot for these, previously having the V8 version. Hope she enjoys it.

Shame your dealer isn’t closer to me, it’s disappointing when a car isn’t what you’d hoped for.

• Like 1

@PhoeNicks Thanks for that Nick picked it up this after it’s everything they said it would be...... previous member on her traded his IsF for an M4 Coupe from them 3 years ago and he still has it......here’s the day he picked up and it’s been 100% reliable.

I have now connection with them but wouldn’t hesitate to travel / let them source a car, this is what Dave did with his M4.

🐀

276F1DD0-6B4E-4F76-952C-561F0F15DD1E.thumb.jpeg.7153532e0b59e5c93fdd0c3cf61cc419.jpeg2EE0A164-3DF3-46C8-A80C-92090189E188.thumb.jpeg.d049c4a1e07d1136ff9ca8cb158a5a60.jpeg

• Like 1

@Big Rat

Sounds like they understand the concept that you’re only as good as your word. Not something you often associated with 2nd hand car dealers these days.

I’ll have a gander at their stock. I’m in no rush just now, there’s always something around the corner. WFH these days it might do me good to keep my powder dry for a bit. 

• Like 1

At the end of March I bought a 17 plate with 38k on the clock from Lexus Liverpool for £31k. They had it up for £31500 initially. It doesn't have TV D but was the right colour combo I wanted. I dont know why it was that price when 15 plate were going for up to £35k but a lot on Autotrader are not selling at those prices and theyre non franchise  I suspect it will go for £35500 as they don't seem too keen on giving much reduction. I dont know if it was true but they told me about 8 people were interested in mine ( not surprised at the price) so they wouldn't drop further but I was happy with the price.

Have to say they're great cars - love mine 

On 4/22/2021 at 10:29 AM, PhoeNicks said:

Morning gents,

It's been a while but I am contemplating make a return to Lexus (and this great forum).

A change in circumstances means I am eyeing up an RCF, this one in fact: 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202104071082284

I don't suppose this was previously owned by someone on here? 

It's one private owner after being a dealer demonstrator. It's looks good and the conversations with Edinburgh Lexus have been positive. They are asking a lot of money, but I intend to view the car soon, so we'll see what the situation is.

Any other comments welcome.

Cheers

n

In my quest to buy an RCF I was fortunate enough to be able to try both the pre 2017 and the later car with AVS on the same day.

In the normal setting the car rides so much smoother whereas in the non AVS car the ride was significantly firmer.

Having said that of course I'm guessing Tein will bring out an EDFC system for the RCF as they have for there ISF in which case the pre AVS car would be a better choice as you'll be able to lower it easily something the RCF desperately needs, I have this system fitted to my Mini Clubvan and although expensive it gives a limo like ride to a Mini. So it should make the RCF/ISF a nice ride if it comes out for the RCF.