Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warranty Offer

I have recently received an email from Lexus informing me "Your extended warranty  is due to expire on 28/07/2021. We have a fantastic offer on at the moment of buy one year and get one year free. This will cover you for 2 years but only pay for 1 year. I am sure you would agree this is an amazing offer and for 2 years of peace of mind".

The cost for this two year cover is £795

I am pretty sure this is what I paid for extending the warranty to run for an additional two years in 2019

Interesting to hear if others have received this offer

44 minutes ago, ikeja said:

I have recently received an email from Lexus informing me "Your extended warranty  is due to expire on 28/07/2021. We have a fantastic offer on at the moment of buy one year and get one year free. This will cover you for 2 years but only pay for 1 year. I am sure you would agree this is an amazing offer and for 2 years of peace of mind".

The cost for this two year cover is £795

I am pretty sure this is what I paid for extending the warranty to run for an additional two years in 2019

Interesting to hear if others have received this offer

As I understand Barry the 2 for 1 has been running years, mine is 995 for comparison. In an earlier post I also said that I had funded mine through a 0% credit card offer on the Martin Lewis site which in your case would be £33 per month. Now whether you think that this is a good deal depends on your attitude to risk. Having looked at your Naval regalia I suspect you aren't a stranger to risk and I for one wish to say thank you for keeping us safe 👍

Thanks Phil, and also for your kind words. Lexus offers 0% finance, but paid over one year thus my payment would be £66.25 for 12 months. I will be renewing the warranty as I have no plans to change the car.

23 minutes ago, ikeja said:

Thanks Phil, and also for your kind words. Lexus offers 0% finance, but paid over one year thus my payment would be £66.25 for 12 months. I will be renewing the warranty as I have no plans to change the car.

If you are content with £66 per month fine but bear in mind using a CC gives you additional Section 75 protection. I used mine for both warranty extension and service plan which as a gold card LOC member gave me a 20% reduction on service plans bringing the cost down to Essential levels 

I,ve  taken out this offer on my 2011 CT last October .I paid £495.

It,s come in handy already as it has had a warranty job done on it.Not bad for a 9 and half year old car with 110K.

1 hour ago, stormchaser said:

I,ve  taken out this offer on my 2011 CT last October .I paid £495.

It,s come in handy already as it has had a warranty job done on it.Not bad for a 9 and half year old car with 110K.

i have a GS300h and the warranty for mine is £1095, i cant believe the GS repair costs are that much more.

• Sad 1

On 4/23/2021 at 1:56 PM, ikeja said:

There is no offer in your mail shot, it is the standard pricing available to all. The whole 2 for 1 'offer' has been that way for years and is like a DFS sale. Having said that, for what you get it is good value for money.

10 hours ago, 200h said:

i have a GS300h and the warranty for mine is £1095, i cant believe the GS repair costs are that much more.

If you have an LS if would be £2,395, so by comparison you have a good deal. Certainly the bigger cars have the potential for larger repair bills but pricing is also  down to parts availability (which are more available for the volume vehicles) and list price of the vehicle (and therefore what the owner can potentially afford).

Thanks for your information Colin. I thought it was the standard offer. As you say, I think it is good value for money and have extended my warranty.

51 minutes ago, LexusPartsDirect said:

You can purchase your extended warranty on direct debit through us at Lexus Parts Direct - 

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/category/extended-warranty/

0% APR.

If there was an exclusive discount for LOC members I'd get one now...

As my 2 year extended warranty expires today. One of the included MOT's will be lost as the earliest chance I could have MOT'd the car last year was June. If there wasn't a pandemic and lockdown obviously I would have MOT'd it today inline within the warranty expiry date. I called Lexus Warranty Services and they came to a "business decision" not to issue me the remainder MOT as my policy will have expired by June...

Seriously thinking about fixing the car myself and sodding the extra 2 years I plan to get for it.

2 hours ago, Andrew888 said:

As my 2 year extended warranty expires today. One of the included MOT's will be lost as the earliest chance I could have MOT'd the car last year was June. If there wasn't a pandemic and lockdown obviously I would have MOT'd it today inline within the warranty expiry date. I called Lexus Warranty Services and they came to a "business decision" not to issue me the remainder MOT as my policy will have expired by June...

Seriously thinking about fixing the car myself and sodding the extra 2 years I plan to get for it.

There is no problem getting an Mot from any independent, No doubt someone local could fit you in today if you ring around. 👍Should you get an extended warranty is your business decision. But I think in view of the circumstances Lexus Warranty is showing poor form and I personally think you should refer to Lexus HQ 

4 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

There is no problem getting an Mot from any independent, No doubt someone local could fit you in today if you ring around. 👍Should you get an extended warranty is your business decision. But I think in view of the circumstances Lexus Warranty is showing poor form and I personally think you should refer to Lexus HQ 

MOT for 2021 is not due until June now as last year Lexus Hayes serviced it and MOTd it at the same time at my request. Back in March and April last year when we were in true lockdown and when my warranty expires, there was no way to get the MOT done to be aligned with the warranty expiring unless I was front line and that's if Lexus was open back then. The warranty company on behalf of Lexus in a nutshell told me I didn't use it so I lose it.. (for 2021) maybe I should have MOTd it earlier than June but I would have thought they would have been more lenient. 

2 minutes ago, Andrew888 said:

MOT for 2021 is not due until June now as last year Lexus Hayes serviced it and MOTd it at the same time at my request. Back in March and April last year when we were in true lockdown and when my warranty expires, there was no way to get the MOT done to be aligned with the warranty expiring unless I was front line and that's if Lexus was open back then. The warranty company on behalf of Lexus in a nutshell told me I didn't use it so I lose it.. (for 2021) maybe I should have MOTd it earlier than June but I would have thought they would have been more lenient. 

3 minutes ago, Andrew888 said:

Well as you know you can get an mot 30 days before so they are quibbling about days, so as I said ask Lexus customer care for their opinion.