Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC F on its way!

X100

Hi members of this Forum,

I have just joined, in anticipation of receiving my new "sonic red" RC F, which is currently on its way from Japan and due for collection on 1st July.

I cancelled my order for a German sports car in December (I'll leave you to guess why) and ordered the Lexus instead.  The deciding factor - to buy the RC F, rather than any other non-EU car - was that it was already on my shortlist when I came across a red RC parked at the roadside, whilst walking home from my first C-19 jab.  I was completely blown away by it!  (I didn't stop talking about it for days  - actually, I still talk about it). The fantastic V8 in the RC F, and the lack of forced induction, only added to my reasons to buy.

My other car is a Mazda MX-5 RF.

• Like 1

Hi Chris. WOW you jammy beggar lol. Excellent choice for one of the best cars built ever. Now keep calm so when you do get it you'll not pee yourself with excitement, but bet you will anyway. Anyway welcome to the best Lexus forum there is. When you do get your supercar don't forget to post lots of photos as we like to see each others cars. 

Hi Vlad,

Thank you for such a great welcome!

I shall be delighted to share pictures of my new "baby"!
I have it insured from 1st July, so I rather hope that I shall have it on that day!  The timetable looks fine, as it should reach the UK on 6th June, and the dealer's a week later.  This gives me a couple of weeks to organise the Tracker, before I can drive it away.

You've got your head well and truly screwed on when it comes to preparation before the arrival of your baby. Great idea for the tracker. Might I suggest getting a slave alarm siren But fitted inside the car. I used to do that in the 80's and 90's in my cars. No one could stand being in the car for more than 2 seconds lol. Oh happy days. But yes get a slave siren running with your cars alarm.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Not sure that this would go down too well with my wife - if it was triggered accidentally!

I also use a steering lock ("Stop Lock", I think it's called) which has a big yellow arm, so hopefully, that will serve as a useful deterrent.

Nahhhhh. Modern alarms don't go off or get triggered accidentally. I'm sure back in the day the stop lock had a siren built in and a flashing red light if memory serves.