Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• 2 weeks later...

A company near us used to refurbish wheels for the main dealer - they called it "Sterling Silver" .

You could take your spare wheel to the refurbishers and let them do a colour match

Back in the day.......around 2000, Lexus had a 'wheel swop' service. You pre-booked a wheel change then took your car in. They had a set of refurbished wheels waiting and swapped the tyres over.  IIRC, it cost about £350 and I thought it was worth it.  I had mine done at Lexus Glasgow.

I think it came about because the early 400s (mine was a '94) had lacquered wheels and the protection wore off pretty quickly.

3 hours ago, Tulpen said:

Back in the day.......around 2000, Lexus had a 'wheel swop' service. You pre-booked a wheel change then took your car in. They had a set of refurbished wheels waiting and swapped the tyres over.  IIRC, it cost about £350 and I thought it was worth it.  I had mine done at Lexus Glasgow.

I think it came about because the early 400s (mine was a '94) had lacquered wheels and the protection wore off pretty quickly.

Yes back then so many Toyota/Lexus wheels were being replaced under the manufacturer's warranty that they started to refurb the old ones.