Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre pressure valve replacement

Jacob85

Hi guys. 

Recently the message on the dash popped up saying check system with tyre pressure light flashing. I went to lexus to diagnose it and get it priced up. Turns out it's a driver side rear wheel sensor what requires replacing. Just short of £150 to have it done there 🤦‍♂️ classic for lexus service lol. 

I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend some other place I could take it to have it sorted. I would really appreciate every little help. I'm in Manchester area. The car is 2006 gs450h.  Thank you for your help good people. 

You should find that any good tyre retailer will be able to supply a replacement TPMS valve.  You don’t need to get them from Lexus.

Call a local company and all they need are the car details.  When I had to replace one - as a result of a passing motorist trying to help to release a sticking valve cap and snapping the valve off! - I simply drove to a nearby tyre centre who fitted a replacement for £75 and coded it in to the system.

I’d be inclined to try this route first.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

You could contact Tpms warehouse in Oswaldtwistle they do a range of makes and models and can configure them for you if you have the original code. Not used them but at least they are local.

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2021 at 11:05 AM, LenT said:

You should find that any good tyre retailer will be able to supply a replacement TPMS valve.  You don’t need to get them from Lexus.

Call a local company and all they need are the car details.  When I had to replace one - as a result of a passing motorist trying to help to release a sticking valve cap and snapping the valve off! - I simply drove to a nearby tyre centre who fitted a replacement for £75 and coded it in to the system.

Hope this helps.

On 4/25/2021 at 11:05 AM, LenT said:

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply. I've just been to National Tyres and the gut said the only cars they cannot do are Infinitis and Lexus. Apparently they're working on different frequencies and only Lexus can actually code them after the replacement.  I don't know why is Lexus so special and different, but that is what I heard from them. Maybe there is someone else here who could recommend a place near Manchester where I could have it done and not get ripped off. 

Thank you 

22 minutes ago, Jacob85 said:

Thank you for the reply. I've just been to National Tyres and the gut said the only cars they cannot do are Infinitis and Lexus. Apparently they're working on different frequencies and only Lexus can actually code them after the replacement.  I don't know why is Lexus so special and different, but that is what I heard from them. Maybe there is someone else here who could recommend a place near Manchester where I could have it done and not get ripped off. 

Thank you 

Well my Flabber is Ghasted, Jacob.  If you were near Towcester in Northants I could tell you the tyre retailer who fitted the replacement.  I've just checked the receipt and unfortunately all it says is 'One TPMS valve' which is accurate as far as it goes but a bit non-specific.

One possibility is that you source the TPMS Valve yourself and get a tyre retailer to fit it, as long as they can code it in.  As I said, the local place in Towcester had no problem coding the valve

Here's one supplier I found - the TPMS Warehouse.

Lexus GS 450 2006-2011 Replacement TPMS Sensor | TPMS Warehouse

But I can't believe that Manchester can't muster one company that can do the job!  So I think calling around is probably the answer.  Good luck...

4 hours ago, LenT said:

Well my Flabber is Ghasted, Jacob.  If you were near Towcester in Northants I could tell you the tyre retailer who fitted the replacement.  I've just checked the receipt and unfortunately all it says is 'One TPMS valve' which is accurate as far as it goes but a bit non-specific.

One possibility is that you source the TPMS Valve yourself and get a tyre retailer to fit it, as long as they can code it in.  As I said, the local place in Towcester had no problem coding the valve

Here's one supplier I found - the TPMS Warehouse.

Lexus GS 450 2006-2011 Replacement TPMS Sensor | TPMS Warehouse

But I can't believe that Manchester can't muster one company that can do the job!  So I think calling around is probably the answer.  Good luck...

Thank you very much mate🙏

• Like 1