Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS 250c exhaust tail ends upgrade

Johnlex

So I was cleaning my car and looked at the state of my exhaust ends so I’ve taken them off tried to clean but they are a mess. 
i want to get new ones after market ones ?? 
has any body changed them ??

these have been on the car since new 2009 ....

B391D35F-E5D9-4228-9A9C-F7CC604D3B44.jpeg

They do look pretty grubby,rather than go universal(they never really tend to fit properly)why not try lexus parts direct and see what new ones cost 

@scudney I’ve also been very busy getting swirls out of my car I used a polisher abs also caused a bit of damage to my car upsetting day .

I used Autoglym super resin and extra gloss. Swirls Mostly gone and a lot of scratches but 2 bad marks I done on the bumper and near the wing mirror 😭 

• Like 1

Well done with the exhaust ends. I don't get it when folk spend, for a very good one, a couple hundred quid on a DA when for the same price I got my cars paint corrected at a place I know well. I did a thread ' not bad for 13yr old paint,. 

It's the fear of damaging my paintwork that put me off getting a DA.

Bad luck their John with those areas.

Sorry about your mishap,sometimes we learn as we go along and through making mistakes,at the end of the day its nothing too major,at least admire the rest of your good work 😊 👍 👌 

@Mr Vlad I only spent £48 for the polisher from eBay. Also the polish was 3 for 2 In Halfords ! The pads were pretty crap but the swirls were so bad it was the only way. Most of the swirls are gone and the paint work looks outstanding .  But in the process I took 2 chunks out 

when  I get the the roof resprayed I will get those bits touched up and a few others. It’s the price we pay for doing a professional detailers job ourself/ I just went straight for it .

That's fair enough John. I've read lots of reviews about how bad the pads supplied with affordable polishers. Very good idea to get other parts resprayed when you get the roof done, makes it more economic 👍

• Thanks 1

@Mr Vlad The roof is so bad from bird poo residue and due to be aluminium it’s deteriorated and it’s so bad. I will upload a picture tomorrow in the light. 
not sure if to get a quote through my Lexus main dealer and see how much they come back with. 

The paint shop I use of the past 8 + years was by passing one and googling reviews. Plus a visit. Straight talking no bull etc. Don't know where you are but have you noticed body repair shops? Try Google and reviews. Go to them and get a sence of how they talk to you. Personally I prefer Straight talking no BS and look at their premises. My shop has a camera system that takes lots of photos, cars age so does the paint and new paint never matches for obvious reasons, which the computer then matches and produces a paint recipe and heyho a perfect match. I'd never use a dealer for paint work.

I’m in Kent well border of south London.
Yeah there’s one  1 road away, they are good but very pricey. 
the only reason I say dealer as it was purchased from a dealer and I also have extended warranty till January 2023. Was wondering if they would do a good price and not rip me off 

5 hours ago, Johnlex said:

So I was cleaning my car and looked at the state of my exhaust ends so I’ve taken them off tried to clean but they are a mess. 
i want to get new ones after market ones ?? 
has any body changed them ??

these have been on the car since new 2009 ....

B391D35F-E5D9-4228-9A9C-F7CC604D3B44.jpeg

How do you get them off. Is here a screw somewhere?

The way I removed them was spraying lots of WD-40 inside back and front and saturating, leaving for 5mins to soak, use a flat bladded  screwdriver and lever the inner clip then using a rubber mallet tap the outer and then wiggle using your hands and pull off. 

Mmmmm looks like the lacquer has been attacked by summat and made it dissappear. Makes me wonder if a simple rub down with a cutting compound to level it off and just apply a few coats of lacquer. But yes looks awful.

Hi good to see the effort made to polish up your IS 250 ;I recently purchased a D A polisher for the first time ,I was very apprehensive so practiced on some old panels first got good results but used masking tape on some corner areas to try and avoid the problem you have had .You can purchase a smaller back plate and pads for ' tight ' areas With regard to the roof ,I think you are right with the bird poo ,we have a problem here with gulls which can really make a mess of paint , the roof is aluminium as you know ,and you will need to be sure whoever repaints it knows the procedure as aluminium needs a different primer to steel and an etch prime has to be mixed and promptly applied so the acid can key into the metal to ensure a proper bond or the job will not turn out at all good  Let us know how you get on 

Dave

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links