Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Locating Multimedia Interface in IS250 RHD 2010

Hi guys

I had purchased an aftermarket android unit known as the GROM VLINE2 to get modern functionality like apple carplay in my IS250. Initially it didn’t work and I returned it but after liaising with GROM audio a software update came out which addresses most of my issues with the unit and the functionality is far better. After speaking to a fellow user, he was advised to locate this particular module known as the Multimedia interface ECU as this can help with stability of the unit. for the life of me I wasn’t able to locate the unit in my vehicle despite being sent a diagram for the LHD vehicle. I tried to Google some vehicle diagrams but it’s not quite clear where this is located in a RHD vehicle as well as what the unit looks like via that eBay auction. If someone could help me locate this it would be greatly appreciated.

E48228A0-4370-4B60-9806-4FB2DE9A01B5.thumb.jpeg.ebc8c39fc6d5f33ff8316297e5d398a9.jpeg16CA5B98-F9B5-45F0-A5C4-4F602FDFD802.thumb.png.41530758f0a6f29d7cc35564281fbd72.png47AB5579-1953-44DD-8F6A-8E91DA13AEC4.thumb.png.23112863974b0889d912921b2f657a4b.png

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

looks like the complete glovebox needs to come out

330697156_Screenshot2021-04-24at19_01_42.thumb.png.c7a31d9521ccca5e4dab4109a5d27bd2.png

1175858511_Screenshot2021-04-24at19_01_48.thumb.png.e838bad805155666d8557147f2a668ae.png

and disconnect the battery before touching the knee airbag.

Cheers mate I shall do, glovebox should be easy enough instead of dashboard!

I didn't have to access anything other than the back of the actual audio/display "boxes" when I installed my Vline.

The only fiddly bit was feeding the wires to the Vline unit in the glovebox.

On 4/25/2021 at 12:37 AM, Texas said:

So after locating this module what exactly are you gonna do to it as regards to the aftermarket VL2 unit?

According to the guys at GROM I should try to disconnect some cables from the multimedia interface as this can help with the detection of the GROM Unit in my vehicle and make it more stable. I’ll be attempting this after work I did manage to get most of the trim around the glovebox off just have to take the actual thing off

On 4/25/2021 at 3:25 AM, Superduner said:

I didn't have to access anything other than the back of the actual audio/display "boxes" when I installed my Vline.

The only fiddly bit was feeding the wires to the Vline unit in the glovebox.

Yeah this shouldn’t be necessary for most however I have a 2010 facelift model and the GROM Is quite temperamental with mine, it is working far better than it used to but the only way I can access it is select USB as an Audi source and putting my car into reverse gear. 

Quick update, managed to locate the multimedia interface and followed GROM's instructions but made no difference. Will be liaising further with them but appreciate the input from everyone! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links