Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Removal of the chrome effect trim to radiator grill SC430

Alan E

Hi Guys. Does any one have the knowledge of how to remove the Chrome effect trim to the Lower section of the radiator grill. I  have easily removed the slotted grill section but cant see an easy way to remove the Chrome surround. Thank you in advance.

Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 10.24.36.png

• 11 months later...

I have to agree that removing the grill and its horizontal bars and replacing these with a chrome mesh grille would look much more modern. 

What was your intention to do with yours?

Anthony

From memory, I think the easiest way is to remove the whole grill section and then you can access the insert from the back.

I think the grill is probably the worst piece of styling on the car. Mesh grills are available but they make it look a bit odd in my view. try here

One or two guys in the US have used a spindle grill. I painted mine black with the intention of revisiting it but I haven't yet come up with a good design solution. This is perhaps the best solution but difficult to create in the flesh.

image.thumb.png.734c442c50165e97fca7c0cc889fb17c.png

• Like 1

Thanks Neil

I too believe that the front is the weakest design part of the whole car and hence the thought that a more modern grille would help the front, no end.

I have found exactly what I am looking for due to the link you sent but was shocked by one company charging £1000.....ridiculous money!

It does appear that it will be a diy job removing the badge and bars then securing the mesh and refitting the badge. I wish I could see the back to understand how he mounted the mesh grille on to the frame.

grill2-1.thumb.jpg.233fca0867a909053ab9704d6c4f45db.jpg

It does need the emblem back on but I think it would look fabulous!

Anthony

• Like 1

I've had the whole front end apart to fit the front bumper and even tried to re-design it using AutoCAD but I haven't found a way to make it pretty yet. I think it instantly looks better with the bonnet chrome painted to match the body colour as it makes the car look lower but the shape of the lower line of the grill is just 'all wrong' to my eyes.  

• Like 1

Yes I've seen it before, it just doesn't look right to my eyes. I see the smiley face of a cartoon Beluga whale?

Might be much better on a silver SC with the contrast of colour.

image.thumb.png.47c03c49d3e216330ffa09fa425cfbc4.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links