Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whilst waiting for a shop to open the other day I was playing with the various screens and settings in our Gen4 F Sport and came across something I had not noticed before.

In the top right hand corner of the climate control screen there is a menu. I clicked on this and an option to turn "Nanoe" on or off appeared.  It was turned off.

Not knowing what this was I looked it up in the handbook (please note Roy of the Rovers!) and found that it was the trademark name of some nano technology patented by Panasonic which produces sub microscopic droplets of water to add to the air conditioning.

On long journeys in the past my wife has often commented on her eyes getting very dry with the air conditioning on.  Hopefully now that I have turned on the Nanoe option she will not suffer any more.

Now all we need is to be able to do a long journey again!!!  Roll on the end of travelling restrictions to France.

JBP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As an Gen3 Owner - I fear I am Nanoe-less - - (I'll get over it I'm sure 😉)

However - when you do eventually manage to travel across La Belle France, make sure you don't take any English caught fish with you - 'cos it will only upset Herr Macron!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JBPRX400h said:

Whilst waiting for a shop to open the other day I was playing with the various screens and settings in our Gen4 F Sport and came across something I had not noticed before.

In the top right hand corner of the climate control screen there is a menu. I clicked on this and an option to turn "Nanoe" on or off appeared.  It was turned off.

Not knowing what this was I looked it up in the handbook (please note Roy of the Rovers!) and found that it was the trademark name of some nano technology patented by Panasonic which produces sub microscopic droplets of water to add to the air conditioning.

On long journeys in the past my wife has often commented on her eyes getting very dry with the air conditioning on.  Hopefully now that I have turned on the Nanoe option she will not suffer any more.

Now all we need is to be able to do a long journey again!!!  Roll on the end of travelling restrictions to France.

JBP

DULY NOTED JOHN.

YOU HAVE EARNED THE ENTITLEMENT OF BEING ONE OF MY PARTNERS AS WE STAND ON THE BRIDGE OVER THE TIBER,DEFENDING ROME !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

DULY NOTED JOHN.

YOU HAVE EARNED THE ENTITLEMENT OF BEING ONE OF MY PARTNERS AS WE STAND ON THE BRIDGE OVER THE TIBER,DEFENDING ROME !

Σε αυτό ή πριν από εσάς

22 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

It uses moisture from the air, and the ion process kills bacteria and viruses.

Make me wonder why it isn't implemented all the time and is optional? Why would one not want this operating all the time?

9 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Make me wonder why it isn't implemented all the time and is optional? Why would one not want this operating all the time?

Be good to switch it off when driving within the vicinity of Fukushima ?

19 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I think because ion generators create a small amount of ozone it could be an irritant to asthma sufferers you have the ability to turn it off. Also people with super sensitive hearing may be able to hear a high pitched noise from the generator.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JBPRX400h said:

JBP

Well found, I have never gone into that menu on the screen, just usually use the buttons for the Climate system.

Now you have posted that I have just been out to my car and switched it on.

2 hours ago, stringbender said:

I found my Nanoe menu yesterday so thanks for the alert. Mine was set to "ON" so I've switched it off to check if the default is ON when I start her up today.

Mine had been turned OFF (must be by previous owner) so I have switched mine ON to try it.

I would have thought in this case that there is no default and it stays at whatever setting you had it on otherwise mine would have been ON when I went out to look yesteray.

2 hours ago, flookyk said:

Mine had been turned OFF (must be by previous owner) so I have switched mine ON to try it.

I would have thought in this case that there is no default and it stays at whatever setting you had it on otherwise mine would have been ON when I went out to look yesteray.

Yes, mine was still set at OFF so it stays at whatever it's set at. Interestingly I always take a wet face flannel in a poly bag if I go on a long journey as my eyes get very dry in the car. Clearly I hadn't noticed the effect of this nanoe at all so wonder how effective it is.

I think I was told when I bought my car that the main benefit of Nanoe was to de-odourise the interior air.  I've just looked again at my handbook & learned something. To get the Nanoe to work effectively you need the fan to be operating & you must have the driver's side front centre air vent open. Incidentally I always drive with the air conditioning on and hence find it vital to drink plenty of fluids on long journeys to avoid de-hydration; even in winter.

16 minutes ago, GS300h2014 said:

I think I was told when I bought my car that the main benefit of Nanoe was to de-odourise the interior air.  I've just looked again at my handbook & learned something. To get the Nanoe to work effectively you need the fan to be operating & you must have the driver's side front centre air vent open. Incidentally I always drive with the air conditioning on and hence find it vital to drink plenty of fluids on long journeys to avoid de-hydration; even in winter.

"I think I was told when I bought my car that the main benefit of Nanoe was to de-odourise the interior air.  I've just looked again at my handbook & learned something."😊😊

Hallelujah, John

7 hours ago, JBPRX400h said:

Aloha?

Following on from  John's comment, it's Greek and kinda means "what else could I do"? Not forgetting the shrug of the shoulders as you say it 😎

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links