Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealer installed Nokia CARK-91/MCC1

So my car was an ex-demonstrator, and I believe they also installed the car phone kit as well. This is an oddball one, since the internet has really limited information on subjects from the nascent days of mobile phones. I've found some install instructions, but they are generic guides from Nokia, with rudimentary wiring diagrams. I'm curious if anybody else has these installed and especially interested if you've removed one, and have an idea of how these things are plumbed in. For example the product diagrams show a separate speaker for phone which also cuts the audio system, but I've not actually found this speaker in the car, and there are some vague suggestions that it is possible to piggyback off the cars' existing stereo system. Much confusion here, and I would prefer not to have to remove unecessary parts potentially causing damage.

• Like 1

I had a Nokia CK1 in my previous LS430 - the seperate speaker was in the passenger footwell - well hidden.

The actual ecu (call it that) was hidden in the panel just above the passenger footwell -If i remember correctly the panel simply pulls off.

Mine also had a seperate mic above the courtesy lights and call recieve button was on the blank panel to the left of the steering.

Hope this is come hlep

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisermark said:

I had a Nokia CK1 in my previous LS430 - the seperate speaker was in the passenger footwell - well hidden.

The actual ecu (call it that) was hidden in the panel just above the passenger footwell -If i remember correctly the panel simply pulls off.

Mine also had a seperate mic above the courtesy lights and call recieve button was on the blank panel to the left of the steering.

Hope this is come hlep

I’ll have to go on a mining trip then!😂