Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealership Car Paint Destroyers

I highly recommend that no one ever let a dealership clean their car ever again, I guarantee they are going to add light scratches and swirl marks to your paint. They washed my IS by mistake again and put a load of long scratches into the bonnet!! To say I was furious would be an understatement, and now the car needs to go into the shop for a full polish, paid for by Lexus of course. 

They just don't give a damn and are using dirty water and dirty mitts/sponges between washes caked in lots of grit no doubt, just don't risk it guys!

A friendly warning to those that live their Lexi 🙂

• Like 1

It’s an interesting point you make, David.  And one that had never occurred to me.  The regular servicing of my last few cars had invariably culminated in the ‘complementary’ car wash.  And to be fair, I never had any problem with that.

But then I recently had the car ‘detailed’ and a ceramic coating applied.  Now, in my twilight years, I find I’m supposed to be hand washing my cars again in order to avoid the dreaded swirls imparted by car washes and lads with sponges.

Ironic, really, as I invested in order to make my life easier.  Now, as you point out, I must ensure that the Lexus dealer doesn’t treat me to the ‘complementary’ car wash.  

Mind you, I don’t particularly blame the car wash lads.  I doubt that they are given the time - or incentive - to practice the standard of expertise that we would find acceptable.

Only one person washes my car and that is me. I have had two recalls, and told Bradford Lexus not to wash the car.

I also have a sign about 18 inches i hang from interior mirror. Do not wash this Vehicle please, you can see people in expensive cars at the £5.00 wash

getting their cars destroyed using the same procedure.

48 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

I also have a sign about 18 inches i hang from interior mirror. Do not wash this Vehicle please

That’s a good idea. 👍

Most of these main dealer car washers are contractors and depending on their contract sometimes they are paid per hour plus per vehicle hence they accidentally do not see the do not wash signs. They are paid pretty poorly on the whole and equipment is usually just adequate. Cloths, sponges etc will not be clean and will be gritty. At busy dealers they work dam hard and definitely do not have the time and experience to wash a car properly.
Don't expect too much as it is afterall just a courtesy wash.

Great points guys, and yes, in addition to telling them not to wash the car, in case they forgot I'm going to put post-it notes outside and inside not to wash/clean anything!! It's not a courtesy wash, it's a car paint butchery is what it is. It's just ultimate proof that deep down the famed Lexus customer service is all a bit disengenuous and really they couldn't give a damn about these beautiful cars. I digress... 🙂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links