Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TPMS Sensors Reset

AndrewLast

Hi 

anyone knows how to reset the TPMS sensors on the 2019 ES300h???

anyone ever had a problem with the tracking? Did mine 4 times in a 6 wks period and always after 3-4 days tracking is out again and steering wheel goes a bit to the left,not straight anymore. Lexus told me tires are the problem so i changed them. Any ideas???

i remember on my IS there was a TPMS reset button some place.

9 minutes ago, AndrewLast said:

Hi 

anyone knows how to reset the TPMS sensors on the 2019 ES300h??? 

i remember on my IS there was a button some place.

Well, on my IS the button is about inline with the steering column and tucked away under the dash.  I usually found it easiest to locate by crawling into the footwell with a torch!  But it may be somewhere more sensible on an ES.

It was reset by having the ignition on and pressing the button until the indicator light flashed.  You then leave the ignition on for some minutes while the sensors stabilise.

Again, that’s how it worked on my IS.  Hope this helps.

17 minutes ago, Diesel Do Nicely Brian said:

I am not sure how the TPMS sensors would have any bearing on the symptoms you describe? 

sounds like a tracking, wheel balance (not tyre now) or other suspension type issue. 

went to Toyota/Lexus and was told the ongoing issue with the tracking could be related to my tires even if they look and are very good. I m going to change front tires only and see if thats going to be sort it

5 hours ago, Diesel Do Nicely Brian said:

Ah ok - you mentioned in your initial post you changed the tyres already - are you going to change them again?

Yes they are changed but Toyota said to get Michelin or Dunlop and that will make a difference. Doesnt really make sense the brand name if the tire but will see. Tires are tires...some might last longer but other then that same thing. 

They may be suggesting Dunlop or Michelin  as they are often OEM on Lexus. 

As for tyre makes, any good quality tyres you would expect would do but there is certainly quite a difference between a set of Ling Longs and a set of Dunlop SP Sport. 

Hi my advice with the tracking problem would be to find a good independent tyre depot who has a Hunter machine and knows how to use it .Once the wheels are balanced and the tracking set up properly you should have no further problems .I have had many issues on various cars over the years regarding alignment and trust me there are a lot of ' technicians' out there with no idea .Any tyre issues that need addressing will be dealt with when they are inspected and balanced .Check the web site Align my car for recommended guys in your area

Dave

• Like 1