Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bored with red so I had it wrapped

4 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Took a couple of shots today to try and capture the riot of colour in the sun (failed)

IMG_0362.jpeg

IMG_0363.jpeg

IMG_0370.jpeg

IMG_0367.jpeg

Absolutely fabulous.

Shame that the lisence plate is flat yellow.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, noby76 said:

nice looking wrap but i will always be worried parking the car anyway now to prevent haters "Keying" it front to back.

I guess that's always a problem for anyone with a half decent car, I suppose one can only hope that it isn't subject to mindless fools.

50 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

I guess that's always a problem for anyone with a half decent car, I suppose one can only hope that it isn't subject to mindless fools.

Just up the road from me, parked on a small drive, was a lovely looking black Jag estate. Passing with the dog, I noticed it was no longer there. I saw the chap on his drive and asked him about the Jag. He said it kept getting vandalised so he decided to sell it and buy a Skoda Roomster. The problem, he felt was that there was a bus stop outside his house and he thought it might be the green eyed monster in people having to catch a bus!

I felt it was very sad as he had recently lost his wife and the car was purchased because she liked it too.

11 hours ago, noby76 said:

nice looking wrap but i will always be worried parking the car anyway now to prevent haters "Keying" it front to back.

Idiots are all over the world.

Brand new (3 days old) Nissan 300ZX needed repaint on door as somebody liked to key it as you describe it down to the bare metal.

Should that be reason for us all to be driving around in an old rusted piece of unsafe car?

14 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Idiots are all over the world.

Brand new (3 days old) Nissan 300ZX needed repaint on door as somebody liked to key it as you describe it down to the bare metal.

Should that be reason for us all to be driving around in an old rusted piece of unsafe car?

yeh i know what you mean.. its just if i had a wrap like that i will be worried every where i go in case an idiot decides to "key" it.

but off topic  Nissan needs to bring back those ZX's  I've always thought they looked better than the Supra's of that time. the new Z look good as well

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, noby76 said:

yeh i know what you mean.. its just if i had a wrap like that i will be worried every where i go in case an idiot decides to "key" it.

but off topic  Nissan needs to bring back those ZX's  I've always thought they looked better than the Supra's of that time. the new Z look good as well

Bought a new Supra after the 300ZX. Kept the Supra 3 months. Piece of ****. Toyota could not find the problem with the engine and thus not fix it. Enginelight would lit up as soon as driving faster than 140 - 160 km/h. Take off the roof part and it was floating like a drunk. With roof part on it was OK. Returned to Nissan then.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, noby76 said:

Ah! Hobby horse time!

Another opportunity for me to point out the advantages of dash cams.  There have been successful prosecutions of individuals ‘keying’ cars who have been caught on video and identified.

Fortunately they’re rarely smart enough to remove paint evidence after committing the act.

Additionally  I recently saw CCTV of an offender caught by their neighbour’s system as she marked their car.  Not very bright, some of these folk.

• Like 2

I've sent the Vsc off today having read through the DVLA's information. Wraps are now considered not to be a temporary colour change and DVLA need to be notified.

As space was limited I put Red/Bronze/Green I'll leave it to the DVLA if they just class it as multicolour.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, I've never been happy with the way the RCF sits, it's just a bit too high. Having been in conversation with our fellow RCf owners in the USA I have decided to buy the lower Swift springs. I'm only going for an inch and a half lower which I think will give the car the proper stance without looking slammed. My main concern was whether it would mess up the AVS settings but I've had enough replies from owners to allay any concerns.

For owners of non AVS cars I'd still say wait until Tein bring out the very excellent EDFC active system for your cars.

My 'hotted' Mini Clubvan still rides like a limo then at the press of the throttle tightens up like a track day car and not a single issue. The Tein coil-overs in the EDFC active system can be adjusted for height too.

• Like 1

Yes, definitely. 

I remember when you first had the wheels, and it seemed slightly high. You coming back to Brum, or getting it done locally?

Good news that it won't affect AVS. 

32 minutes ago, d3ron said:

Yes, definitely. 

I remember when you first had the wheels, and it seemed slightly high. You coming back to Brum, or getting it done locally?

Good news that it won't affect AVS. 

Thanks, I’ve been pondering lowering for some time and now that a few owners in the USA have had it done I’m happy with the idea. The chap who does a lot of work on my other cars will do it he’s more than capable 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links