Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bored with red so I had it wrapped

11 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I would love to see it, obviously I would bring my own eye protection PPE, are you near Petersfield. 😀

DD35F9FD-6D24-49EA-871E-EADCF94C2A6C.jpeg

For crying out loud, even on my days off I can't escape work 😄

11 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I would love to see it, obviously I would bring my own eye protection PPE, are you near Petersfield. 😀

DD35F9FD-6D24-49EA-871E-EADCF94C2A6C.jpeg

Near enough, just a little South in Lovedean

10 hours ago, ciao_chao said:

How did you register this colour on your V5? On a serious note, do wraps need to be registered as a colour change with DVLA?

Yes they do have to be registered with the V5 I was pondering over this yesterday, not sure there is enough room for red, gold, bronze and green on the spaces provided. So I guess I'll have to have a go as wrap may not be suitable.

14 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

Yes they do have to be registered with the V5 I was pondering over this yesterday, not sure there is enough room for red, gold, bronze and green on the spaces provided. So I guess I'll have to have a go as wrap may not be suitable.

I’d stick down chameleon 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

I’d stick down chameleon 

Do remember we are dealing with Civil Servants here and I'm sure they would press computer says no in an instant

• Like 1

Talking of “Computer says no” my brother recently moved into a brand new house and tried to change his car insurance and V5c online.

The property has a street name and postcode but because it is not on the OS Map data it couldn’t be done online so envelopes and stamps it was. Strangely the utility companies and local authority had no such problems getting their computerised bills out.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Talking of “Computer says no” my brother recently moved into a brand new house and tried to change his car insurance and V5c online.

The property has a street name and postcode but because it is not on the OS Map data it couldn’t be done online so envelopes and stamps it was. Strangely the utility companies and local authority had no such problems getting their computerised bills out.

I've had great fun with the DVLA computer system. Some time ago I went transfer my car number B1RMA to my newly acquired AMG at the same time I bought N21 HOG for my new Harley. Well I went online and did it really quickly, few days later V5C's turned up with the AMG having N21 HOG and the Harley having B1RMA on it.

By all accounts it was a glitch in the DVLA' system, but it cost me money with changing insurance details four times at £30 a time. Spoke to DVLA and it was not only computer says no but as much talk to the hand.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I think it's fair to say I may be a bit too old for that.

Obviously people think you're younger than you are due to your car. 

Gold wheels and a wrap, people will think you're 24. You just need to start a youtube channel now. 😆

People will be confusing you with Blackpanthaa who had your wheels in black and a wrap too. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 2:21 PM, B1RMA said:

Mine was £4K but that did include a super Nano coating, I wasn't sure if the company that did would be happy with me giving prices. 

Wow i do full sprayjobs cheaper someones making a easy living

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Wow i do full sprayjobs cheaper someones making a easy living

I expect the wrap material is quite expensive in itself. While there isn’t going to be the same kind of prep as required for a respray, there will still be a lot of prep.
As I’m sure you know, to do something well takes time, skill and experience. This is often the largest part of the cost, and hopefully means no hassles after the job is completed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wood Butcher said:

I expect the wrap material is quite expensive in itself. While there isn’t going to be the same kind of prep as required for a respray, there will still be a lot of prep.
As I’m sure you know, to do something well takes time, skill and experience. This is often the largest part of the cost, and hopefully means no hassles after the job is completed.

Yes, good points.  Plus David did say he’d had an additional coating applied as well.

But in any case, it’s not easy to compare film wrap with paint.  Wrapping actually protects the original paint, which has to be well prepared beforehand and any imperfections dealt with.  A Wrap is also more resilient to the kind of minor scratches that would mark a paint surface.  

For such reasons a respray might reduce the perceived value of a car for many buyers,  but a wrap would enhance it.  Also a wrap can be removed without damaging the previous paint surface.  

When I had my car fully detailed I settled for a ceramic coating, but I’m sure many would have baulked at the cost of that.  Actually I justified it by considering all the savings I’d made by not being able to drive out for lunches at our favourite restaurants over tha last year.

That more than covered it!

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 12:06 PM, B1RMA said:

I've had great fun with the DVLA computer system. Some time ago I went transfer my car number B1RMA to my newly acquired AMG at the same time I bought N21 HOG for my new Harley. Well I went online and did it really quickly, few days later V5C's turned up with the AMG having N21 HOG and the Harley having B1RMA on it.

By all accounts it was a glitch in the DVLA' system, but it cost me money with changing insurance details four times at £30 a time. Spoke to DVLA and it was not only computer says no but as much talk to the hand.

Dont get me started on DVLA online services.....many of them close at 7pm. Yes that is right a website with opening/closing hours! Which can only be explained by having humans at the end of the digital submission processing it manually/analogue..... lol

Wrap looks awesome matey!

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 10:46 PM, Las Palmas said:

What does such a wrap up cost?

On 5/1/2021 at 8:13 AM, B1RMA said:

Thanks for the comments, I don't think Amigo Wraps would like me to quote prices,

Whyever not?

They're in business (to make money) and need customers, so if even just one person saw the price and decided to have their's done too, then you've done the business a favour.

It's not like Las Palmas was asking you how much you've got in the bank (which is personal and no one's business except your own), he's merely asking what a company charges for a service they offer to the public.

EDIT: I've just seen that you have now said what it cost :thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XK140 said:

With a wrap what happens with areas like the door shuts,are they covered?

No it's an extra £800 because they have to remove the doors to properly install it. I've seen them at work doing it and it is a lot of work.

I'd spent quite enough, although I'm thinking the chrome strip above the doors doesn't look right so may have that in a black/dark chrome later

7 minutes ago, d3ron said:

In that the first shot the wheels set it off nicely. 

Thanks, I'm glad about that because I spent ages with the colour swatch trying to see how the wrap blended colour-wise with the Satin Bronze of the wheels (not gold wheels by the way) 

4 minutes ago, Arth_Vader said:

Looks great, like one of those chameleon colours I used to see on TVR Tuscans 

That's right, I also think British Leyland did it with a Rover model but I think they were both expensive spray jobs.